Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

nexus 5 unresponsive screen

OP Cam R

9th April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 3

122 posts
More
This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by Cam R; 9th April 2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: incomplete
9th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

122 posts
More
BUMP! I really need help with this issue..
9th April 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Hi,

Looks like a hardware failure to me... RMA is asap.. Nothing much you can do about an unresponsive screen...
9th April 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 50

327 posts
I doubt this is the problem. On another forum screen protector was interfering with proximity sensor of the phone. Just throwing that out there.
9th April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,301

8,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam R

This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.
9th April 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.

I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.
9th April 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,965 posts
More
Quote:

I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.

You can backup your apps and its data with adb. Type in cmd: adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem. To restore later type: adb restore backup.ab. Can`t you copy files from the phone to the pc? Here are some more adb commands http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-root-t1420351.
Last edited by gee2012; 9th April 2014 at 11:38 PM.
10th April 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

122 posts
More
Quote:

You can backup your apps and its data with adb. Type in cmd: adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem. To restore later type: adb restore backup.ab. Can`t you copy files from the phone to the pc? Here are some more adb commands http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-root-t1420351.

Hi, Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get it to work, would having a passcode have something to do with it?
10th April 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,965 posts
More
Quote:

Hi, Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get it to work, would having a passcode have something to do with it?

I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
Last edited by gee2012; 10th April 2014 at 01:51 AM.
10th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

122 posts
More
Quote:

I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

You misunderstood . I have a passcode, would it be interfering with being able to do anything from my pc? I don't seem to be having any luck -.- . Since the touchscreen is unresponsive, I can't do anything from the phone aside from factory reset..which I don't want to do.

When I open command prompt and type in "adb devices" My phone doesn't come up.. I downloaded all latest drivers and programs, followed a guide.. and it still doesnt work. I'm not sure hahah.
Last edited by Cam R; 10th April 2014 at 02:19 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread