Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nexus 5 unresponsive screen

Tip us?

Cam R
Old
(Last edited by Cam R; 9th April 2014 at 12:40 AM.) Reason: incomplete
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default nexus 5 unresponsive screen

This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Virgin Mobile > LG Nexus 5

Cam R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
BUMP! I really need help with this issue..

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2131

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Looks like a hardware failure to me... RMA is asap.. Nothing much you can do about an unresponsive screen...

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I doubt this is the problem. On another forum screen protector was interfering with proximity sensor of the phone. Just throwing that out there.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam R View Post
This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Cam R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.
I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 9th April 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2922
Quote:
I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.
You can backup your apps and its data with adb. Type in cmd: adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem. To restore later type: adb restore backup.ab. Can`t you copy files from the phone to the pc? Here are some more adb commands http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-root-t1420351.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Cam R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
You can backup your apps and its data with adb. Type in cmd: adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem. To restore later type: adb restore backup.ab. Can`t you copy files from the phone to the pc? Here are some more adb commands http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-root-t1420351.
Hi, Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get it to work, would having a passcode have something to do with it?

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 10th April 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2922
Quote:
Hi, Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get it to work, would having a passcode have something to do with it?
I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Cam R
Old
(Last edited by Cam R; 10th April 2014 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
You misunderstood . I have a passcode, would it be interfering with being able to do anything from my pc? I don't seem to be having any luck -.- . Since the touchscreen is unresponsive, I can't do anything from the phone aside from factory reset..which I don't want to do.

When I open command prompt and type in "adb devices" My phone doesn't come up.. I downloaded all latest drivers and programs, followed a guide.. and it still doesnt work. I'm not sure hahah.