FORUMS

Why isn't everybody using Xposed Framwork?

1,006 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

By THE_KINGDOM, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I thought I'd ask, since every customization that's pretty much available on ANY custom ROM is available as a downloadable module on Xposed Framework. Why isn't everybody using Xposed Framwork?

Are there any disadvantages?

12th June 2014, 05:47 PM |#2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,164

More
I do use xposed but its worth noting :

1) custom roms are more than just features
2) many features of certain roms are not actually available as modules
3) not compatible. With ART

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 06:09 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,302

More
plus xposed can come with its own issues. i dont use it at all.
12th June 2014, 06:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,648

More
I use it and I can't live without it now. Stock + Xposed makes me not even care for custom ROMs anymore. Instead of waiting for updates to ROMs now, I wait for updates to Xposed Modules. It reminds me of my webOS days when webOS had patches.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 06:34 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

I use it and I can't live without it now. Stock + Xposed makes me not even care for custom ROMs anymore. Instead of waiting for updates to ROMs now, I wait for updates to Xposed Modules. It reminds me of my webOS days when webOS had patches.

I'm stuck in both worlds. I have 18 xposed modules AND a custom ROM. I can't live without it either.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 06:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

More
for me it seems like the ideal is to use a simple yet feature rich and stable ROM like Cataclysm or Purity and then download any xposed modules for features that are lacking, which are not many at all with those 2 ROMs.

I just switched to Paranoid Android 4.4.3 RC1 and I'm kinda shocked with how naked this ROM is. I like what they've done with the quick-tiles and hover, but there are currently just too many features lacking. I'm gonna give purity a try and combine that with xposed modules.
12th June 2014, 07:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,648

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I'm stuck in both worlds. I have 18 xposed modules AND a custom ROM. I can't live without it either.

18? Dang. I only use 7. What do you get from the custom ROM part of it?
12th June 2014, 07:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is a matter of user requirements. If you have all features that rom already including then you don't need it.
12th June 2014, 07:38 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

18? Dang. I only use 7. What do you get from the custom ROM part of it?

Performance, tweaks and features.

Xposed brings fixes for stuff. Hard to explain.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 09:47 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2,681

More
Not ART compatible

12th June 2014, 10:06 PM |#11  
Flag Siheung-si
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I actually am on stock + xposed atm but the reason why i try, as much as possible, to stay away from xposed is because xposed is not always "stable" and i don't like bogging down my system with apps that could be baked in natively in a rom (not entirely sure if that makes an actual difference but... meh)

and on top of that many custom ROMs are highly optimized and streamlined to be as smooth and fast and efficient as possible which is another consideration

but i use xposed mainly for app settings because for some strange reason.. not all apps allow me to change the apps language... I use korean for my system but i prefer reading in english and am only using korean as the system language because of voice recognition in things like the voice dialer and system wide processes... why can't google make system languages recognize multiple languages TT.TT

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)