[Q] Nexus 5 on Verizon (mainly about network frequencies)

OP TopWargamer

25th February 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_5-5705.php

Ok so, Verizon uses CDMA, and the only CDMA frequencies that would work are 2G, which is no bueno, so in that sense, I wouldn't really be able to use it on Verizon, BUT, the Nexus 5's LTE bands on the other hand are, some of them. Verizon's LTE uses the 700 and 1700 frequencies, which are both included in the Nexus 5.

So here's what I want to know, would I be able to use the Nexus 5 on Verizon, even if it'll only work in areas with LTE?
25th February 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 9

79 posts
i searched google around for the similar problem and mostly they saying it wont be compatible and some sorts with their frequency and bands
25th February 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

97 posts
Nexus 5 didn't compatible with Verizon at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,283 posts
More
The nexus 5 will register on the LTE network where certain markets have this band available for me Verizon does not (Hawaii). Only a certain handful of markets have this band. However Verizon won't allow the device to use the LTE network it will see it and recognize it but Verizon systems deny it.

Google and Verizon have a crippled relationship seeing the galaxy nexus slow updates and Verizon wanting to put bloatware on it and the nexus 7 LTE being denied when it first launched. I think Google wants no part in verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread