5,606,409 Members 33,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 vibrating but touchscreen not responding and screen not turning on

Tip us?

jackinho24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 vibrating but touchscreen not responding and screen not turning on

My cousins Nexus 5 screen is not turning on and the touchscreen isn't responding to anything however when using the power button it vibrates, I assume this means a replacement screen etc is needed but I though I'd just check first? Thanks in advance

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinho24 View Post
My cousins Nexus 5 screen is not turning on and the touchscreen isn't responding to anything however when using the power button it vibrates, I assume this means a replacement screen etc is needed but I though I'd just check first? Thanks in advance
has your friend tried rebooting his phone? long press the power button for 15-20 seconds, then press again to boot up. there are many reasons why the screen might not be turning on, some not even relating to the screen.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

dxdinamic
Old
(Last edited by dxdinamic; 16th January 2014 at 12:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
has your friend tried rebooting his phone? long press the power button for 15-20 seconds, then press again to boot up. there are many reasons why the screen might not be turning on, some not even relating to the screen.

This worked on my device. It went off while I was at the metro traveling to work. It vibrated and I was unable to turn on the screen to check what it vibrated for.

Could you, please, share some reasons why we might be seeing this issue?

The phone has not been rooted and is running stock kitkat 4.4.2. It was upgraded using sideload as I was not willing to wait for the OTA.

I can't remember anything to reproduce the problem. All apps were closed and three updates waiting at the play store.
Tags
nexus 5, nexus 5 screen, nexus 5 screen not working, nexus 5 touchscreen