Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nexus 5 volume question?

Tip us?

edshawn911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default nexus 5 volume question?

hey guys i am new to the nexus 5 so i have a few questions.
i am coming from note 2. one of yhe questions i have is when you guys use custom roms
what is safe to wipe and what is not? i am use to having all my backups on external card.
this is going to take some getting used to. that and the fact i cant have extended battery.. lol
also is there a better kernel for battery. i got phone last night so i rooted it and put slimkat on it.
any help would be great!!!

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21064
Quote:
Originally Posted by edshawn911 View Post
hey guys i am new to the nexus 5 so i have a few questions.
i am coming from note 2. one of yhe questions i have is when you guys use custom roms
what is safe to wipe and what is not? i am use to having all my backups on external card.
this is going to take some getting used to. that and the fact i cant have extended battery.. lol
also is there a better kernel for battery. i got phone last night so i rooted it and put slimkat on it.
any help would be great!!!
wipe data, dalvik, and cache is safe to wipe. other wipes could wipe your storage, and wipe your whole os from the phone. and battery life all depends on your personal use, your personal setup, what apps you chose to install, and(very importantl) the quality if your data/phone connection. any rom/kernel can give you great battery life or terrible battery life. there is no magic kernel nor rom that will give you great battery life, regardless of what anyone says.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]