5,600,984 Members 43,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 vs. HTC One performance experience question.

Tip us?

bbabiuk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
Battery life is as good or better. I still have my One and mainly use it to play music, but the Nexus outperforms it in every way and also seems to have a better antenna than the One. Plus, the Nexus has ART which I know is not supported on the HTC One because of Sense.

It's a very worthy upgrade. I do miss the speakers, Aux Sound Output, and sometimes a few 'Sense' things like BlinkFeed and the features in the stock messaging app.
I caved, and I ordered my N5 tonight. We all knew it would end up this way....didn't we. Now what to do with my ONE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eeyexeffemvee
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Nexus 5 all the way!

cubskru
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I have a nexus 5 and my brother has an htc one. Honestly they are about equal overall. Nexus 5 is significantly smoother in day to day use, bigger screen, and better camera. Htc one has nicer build, way better speakers, and a better screen (colors and viewing angles). Battery life is about equal in my experience. Probably not worth upgrading to.

x8hsu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbabiuk View Post
I caved, and I ordered my N5 tonight. We all knew it would end up this way....didn't we. Now what to do with my ONE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's great! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubskru View Post
I have a nexus 5 and my brother has an htc one. Honestly they are about equal overall. Nexus 5 is significantly smoother in day to day use, bigger screen, and better camera. Htc one has nicer build, way better speakers, and a better screen (colors and viewing angles). Battery life is about equal in my experience. Probably not worth upgrading to.
My experience differs completely from yous. I have both these two phones.
The N5's panel coming from LG is much more better than HTC's SLCD3 imo.
And N5 outperforms a lot, not a little, a lot, both in the view of smoothness and performance!
I've tested GPE 4.4 on my ONE, but it still appears to be inferior.
You don't need to worry about the battery life of N5. It's about to be equal on stock comparing to ONE.
Be more aggressive, try faux kernel and it's recommend kernel settings.
It extends your use time significantly. Other kernel also have some ability of doing this.

cubskru
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'm running Franco kernel with a -50 undervolt and using greenify. Battery life is now about equal with the one.