Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 vs lumia 920 camera

Tip us?

shanks86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 vs lumia 920 camera

Just been asked to post this in the correct thread:

Dear all,

I am a nexus/android aficionado, having owned the dell streak (which WAS ahead of its time..!!), nexus 4 & querying the nexus 5.

I've also been a windows mobile fan, having the htc dash, a moto win6.1, the palm treo pro and now querying the lumia 920.

Of these, which has the better camera? I'm not a huge cameraphile and dont own a dedicated camera, so which will give me the best point and shoot experience (I dont want to mess around with ISOs etc- all automatic).

Also, the price difference between the 2 currently is 70 (169 vs 240)- is the nexus going to be worth that much more?

Just to let people know- I use the phone as my primary modem/internet (with three), browse the internet at work/reading emails, whatsapp, and on the nexus 4 i used it as a torrent client.

Also, what are the realistic chances of getting wp 9 on the lumia? This of course would affect reselling the phone, which is always a factor in fools like myself who need new toys every year!

fleen
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks86 View Post

Dear all,

I am a nexus/android aficionado, having owned the dell streak (which WAS ahead of its time..!!), nexus 4 & querying the nexus 5.

I've also been a windows mobile fan, having the htc dash, a moto win6.1, the palm treo pro and now querying the lumia 920.

Of these, which has the better camera? I'm not a huge cameraphile and dont own a dedicated camera, so which will give me the best point and shoot experience (I dont want to mess around with ISOs etc- all automatic).

Also, the price difference between the 2 currently is 70 (169 vs 240)- is the nexus going to be worth that much more?

Just to let people know- I use the phone as my primary modem/internet (with three), browse the internet at work/reading emails, whatsapp, and on the nexus 4 i used it as a torrent client.

Also, what are the realistic chances of getting wp 9 on the lumia? This of course would affect reselling the phone, which is always a factor in fools like myself who need new toys every year!
For the camera my personal opinion both will fill your needs if you just want to take casual photos.
If you just use the phone for internet and whatsapp and all those simple stuff the windows phone is good enough to do that but I would still advice against it simply because the fact that while you may like the windows phone operative system there is not many apps for it and you may want one day to use your phone other than go to the internet or play games.
So I say between those 2 go for the nexus.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks86 View Post

Dear all,

I think the N5 camera is better in pretty much all conditions except video recording. Oh, and the 920 weighs a lot. ~110 grams compared to ~180 grams. You might think it's a small difference but holding it for a while or putting it in your pocket makes a difference.