Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Warranty Replacement

Tip us?

alkajak
Old
(Last edited by alkajak; 31st July 2014 at 01:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 Warranty Replacement

Recently, my Nexus 5 has been acting up. The problem specifically is that when I plug it into the OEM charger (along with 3 other chargers that I've tried), it will only hold the charge. It will not charge past the battery% that it is sitting at. Sometimes, it even drains somehow. I've tried going back to stock, clearing my cache, and other troubleshooting steps that Google sent me.

After letting them know that I had no luck with getting the phone to charge properly, they tell me that they will provide a replacement (hold on credit card, blah blah blah) but that the replacement unit will be REFURBISHED and LIKE-NEW condition.. Is this how the Google warranty has always been? It does not sound right to me. I've only had the device for 8 months, and they offer me a refurbished replacement for a hardware-faulty phone?

Just looking for a quick answer and some peace of mind if someone could quickly clarify if their refurbished replacements are something regular and I shouldn't be worried about swapping out my phone for something in like-new condition.

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 69
They used to give new devices for rma. Now that the phone has been out for some time they only give refurbished ones for rma. So yes, it's normal.