Corgi for Feedly – Material Design RSS Lock Screen

The post Corgi for Feedly – Material Design RSS Lock Screen appeared first on … more

[XPOSED] Pop-up Video in Floating Window

more

HTC to Replace Swype with TouchPal

more

Transformers – Free On Google Play

more

Nexus 5 Wifi Issue

OP Dillllz

5th December 2013, 09:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
So I've had my Nexus 5 for roughly around a month and I hadn't experienced any issues others have had with wifi not connecting until now. My N5 will show im connected to my home wifi with full bars, but going into quick settings shows it to be orange. Suggesting there's no data transfer, I cannot use any internet based apps with wifi. I've tried some suggestions, switching my router off then on, rebooting the phone, turning some settings off in the advanced panel in wifi settings. All have failed.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone has a fix to it.
5th December 2013, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 301

826 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillllz

So I've had my Nexus 5 for roughly around a month and I hadn't experienced any issues others have had with wifi not connecting until now. My N5 will show im connected to my home wifi with full bars, but going into quick settings shows it to be orange. Suggesting there's no data transfer, I cannot use any internet based apps with wifi. I've tried some suggestions, switching my router off then on, rebooting the phone, turning some settings off in the advanced panel in wifi settings. All have failed.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone has a fix to it.

There was a thread around here somewhere that suggested turning off your mobile data helped fix this problem, I think it was in the N5 General forums.....here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2550690

Don't know if it'll help or not, just saw your thread and had just looked at the other one, figured I'd toss it out there.
5th December 2013, 09:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

76 posts
Thanks for the reply, just tried that solution but still no luck.
5th December 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a similar problem except that there are phases of wifi not working.

Sometimes I would have around 20-30 seconds of WiFi not working and there would be no data transfer.
Speeds are still fast when it is working however.

I played a little with only using mobile data and no wifi, and everything worked. (Small sample size however).
Seems like this is a WiFi only issue.
6th December 2013, 11:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

76 posts
So somehow overnight the wifi has managed to fix itself, will report back if the problem returns.
8th December 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

76 posts
The issue with the wifi returned unfortunately.
8th December 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #7  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 174

441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillllz

The issue with the wifi returned unfortunately.

Don't know if you've tried this but change your WiFi frequency band in advanced setting to either "5 GHz only" or "2.4 GHz only," whatever your router uses. Might be worth a try.
8th December 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

76 posts
Thanks for the help, but I've tried changing some settings in advanced wifi settings but it hasn't worked. Even what you recommended I've tried that before and it didn't work.
9th December 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #9  
Flag Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
wifi issue
Also I have the same issue - Im connected to router by wi-fi, home and work and time by time (5x a day) wifi stops working. Wifi is enabled in settings, but there is no connection. Restart the cellphone helps, but after that, maybe an hour, it appears again.
Issue was in 4.4 and still appers in 4.4.1.
Yet did not found how to solve it.
Last edited by lvachala; 9th December 2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: grammar
9th December 2013, 04:35 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

48 posts
I have the same issue on my gnex running shiny 4.4, but I also had the same issue on 4.3. Tried the wifi options, nothing worked. Unfortunately, no solution for this device that has to last one more week. The double swipe down and tapping wifi gets the connection back, but it is only a work around.

The N5 connects seamlessly to my home and work wifi. A few days ago, I flashed the hammerhead factory image, TWRP and the 4.4.1 update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread