Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nexus 5 won't get 3G or 4G network

OP warsylep

1st July 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

first off, im proud of you

well, the only thing i can think of is the nexus 5 has a shorter antenna then many other of the high end phones, one of the many reasons why it costs so much less than others. it would be interesting to compare another nexus 5. or have you?

I haven't directly side by side, but a buddy has one and hasn't experienced these issues (he also lives in a much more Urban area than me, where I also don't experience those issues).

Interestingly, once I got back into an area where I was getting LTE coverage, then came back toward home, I was able to get on 3G on the towers with issues, so perhaps updating the radio fixed it after all, I just had to get somewhere that the phone could figure things out first. I was on the oldest (KFS78N) last night, but I'm going to try KRT16M tonight and see how it goes.
16th July 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
More
I have same issue, which started a week ago. In area 30 kilometers from home, where I work, i get LTE signal. But at home or on the way to work i get Edge only. However HSPA appears prom time to time, for example today when i was several hundred meters from antenna. I do not know is this is hardware issue, should I carry it to service?
19th July 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #33  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 184

1,288 posts
Dumb question butttt have you checked out the hardware ie the ariels are making good contacts

#64268gkyJL#8653%dhjGUKVS357.
19th July 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #34  
Flag Coral Springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 126

692 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question: Where did you purchase the device?

I know one reason it could be having this issue.. because I've witnessed it hands on with 2 Nexus 5's! I found out the person I was getting them from was changing the IMEI's and after the were Bad! "Not Suggestion Anything!" Just letting you know my experience!

Good Luck!
Last edited by TheEndGame7; 20th July 2014 at 07:35 PM.
19th August 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 10

80 posts
More
Exclamation
I am facing a similar issue.

My sim in N5 = no 3g signal in my office area/catches 3g signal in other city areas(occasionally)
My sim in Note 2= 3g signal is all areas
Note 2 (same carrier) sim in N5=no 3g signal in my office area/catches 3g signal in other city areas(occasionally)
Note 2 (same carrier) sim in Note 2= 3g in all areas

I hope i am specific. What to do to get 3g like other phones. I am on Airtel(India). APN are correct and same as of my Note 2.
I have changed preffered network type to WCDMA only in *#*#4636#*#* and it gets 3g signal. But i doubt it will catch 2g(edge) when 3g isnt that strong or unavailable.

Please help guys, this thing is driving me crazy.

Thank You
9th November 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
More
I had to take it to service. They replaced mainboard on the phone and now 3g works ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren215

I am facing a similar issue.

My sim in N5 = no 3g signal in my office area/catches 3g signal in other city areas(occasionally)
My sim in Note 2= 3g signal is all areas
Note 2 (same carrier) sim in N5=no 3g signal in my office area/catches 3g signal in other city areas(occasionally)
Note 2 (same carrier) sim in Note 2= 3g in all areas

I hope i am specific. What to do to get 3g like other phones. I am on Airtel(India). APN are correct and same as of my Note 2.
I have changed preffered network type to WCDMA only in *#*#4636#*#* and it gets 3g signal. But i doubt it will catch 2g(edge) when 3g isnt that strong or unavailable.

Please help guys, this thing is driving me crazy.

Thank You

10th November 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 10

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga

I had to take it to service. They replaced mainboard on the phone and now 3g works ok.

Have you tried various roms? Cuz my phone gets 3g signal but its not constant, like after an hour or 2 it will switch to 2g. Its not that i am absolutely not getting 3g.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lte, nexus 5, wcdma
Previous Thread Next Thread