Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Nexus 5 won't get 3G or 4G network

19th January 2015, 06:08 PM |#41  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Unhappy
I have the same issue. Only EDGE. But this happened today, network was working just fine, but today I dropped my phone and after couple of hours when I wanted to surf the web, I noticed that there was only E( EDGE) on status bar :/ So I got home, put my sim-card in my mom's smartphone and it's on 3G just like it should be. Then I inserted my mom's simcard in my N5, and I got the same EDGE signal. Kinda confused. I'm unlocked and on Lollipop. And the warranty is due already

any help?

26th January 2015, 08:43 AM |#42  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 269

1,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga

I have same issue, which started a week ago. In area 30 kilometers from home, where I work, i get LTE signal. But at home or on the way to work i get Edge only. However HSPA appears prom time to time, for example today when i was several hundred meters from antenna. I do not know is this is hardware issue, should I carry it to service?

same problem for me :/
3rd March 2015, 09:25 PM |#43  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 11

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendor

I have the same issue. Only EDGE. But this happened today, network was working just fine, but today I dropped my phone and after couple of hours when I wanted to surf the web, I noticed that there was only E( EDGE) on status bar :/ So I got home, put my sim-card in my mom's smartphone and it's on 3G just like it should be. Then I inserted my mom's simcard in my N5, and I got the same EDGE signal. Kinda confused. I'm unlocked and on Lollipop. And the warranty is due already

any help?

please open the phone and check the black cable, the connector is loose. mine had the same problem.

The cable is circled in red, the connectors are A and B ... B is more likely to get loose because of the shape and size of the connector. On the other side, A is very sturdy and hard to remove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XH1waQ1RM36rc2UD.huge.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	3192978
Last edited by Al3xxxinho; 3rd March 2015 at 09:30 PM.
13th March 2015, 02:23 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xxxinho

please open the phone and check the black cable, the connector is loose. mine had the same problem.

The cable is circled in red, the connectors are A and B ... B is more likely to get loose because of the shape and size of the connector. On the other side, A is very sturdy and hard to remove.

Attachment 3192978

I tried to lightly tweak position A back and forth, and voila.
you are magician!
13th March 2015, 06:46 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 26

102 posts
Type *#*#3646#*#* go to phone info.
Then select lte/gsm/wcdma auto (prl)
Then go to menu and change band .(japan)
13th April 2015, 03:55 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsylep

Hi.
My nexus 5 is driving me crazy.
All of a sudden it stopped getting 3G or 4G LTEnetwork. It just stayed in 2G (EDGE).
I called the carrier support, they don't know what to do.
This sim works fine in other phones.
Other sims also do not get 3g or 4g network on this phone.

I switched my sim, enbled 4G service and nada.
It seems the phone can't see the 3g or 4g networks.
If i go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu and force the network type to LTE and then search for mobile networks it doesn't find any.
Same for WDCMA only.

If i set it to LTE preferred, WCDMA preferred or LTE/GSM auto (PRL) it finds the network and it connects in 2G EDGE.

I've done a full reset, flashed stock, tried several radios, nothing.
Im in Portugal and my carrier is Optimus.

If i go to the "Select radio band" option in that menu it only shows "USA BAND".
Is it suposed to be like that?

Also, when i reboot my phone in the notification area i get a notification saying: "Restricted access changed". I never got that before when the 3g connection was working.

any help would be great.

Thanks.

Hey , I too have the same problem.
I am having Nexus 5 (LG-D821) in India .
HSPA is not working.
Please Help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lte, nexus 5, wcdma
Previous Thread Next Thread