MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Nexus 5 wont boot

5th August 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Last night, my nexus 5 suddenly rebooted itself. When it restarted it was in a boot loop. but not a boot loop that i can get out of.

It just keeps going round and round almost as if the power button is stuck. however the power button is not stuck.

i cant get into recovery to clear the cache as when i boot into the bootloader it just automatically restarts again, i can move one option up or down and that is to shut down or reboot into bootloader, but not the second move that would take me to recovery.

i have now taken the back off, and unplugged the battery in the vain hope that it clears through whatever is causing the issue but im not convinced it will make any difference.

Please advise. i'm completely housebound and cannot walk due to having a knee operation, and completely dependent on my mobile if i have an emergency.

i've tried Kwoggers out of the box fix from his 2.1.2 toolkit but this didnt work as the phone wont stay in one place long enough for it to get a fix.
5th August 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 1,759

3,047 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasypaddy

Last night, my nexus 5 suddenly rebooted itself. When it restarted it was in a boot loop. but not a boot loop that i can get out of.

It just keeps going round and round almost as if the power button is stuck. however the power button is not stuck.

i cant get into recovery to clear the cache as when i boot into the bootloader it just automatically restarts again, i can move one option up or down and that is to shut down or reboot into bootloader, but not the second move that would take me to recovery.

i have now taken the back off, and unplugged the battery in the vain hope that it clears through whatever is causing the issue but im not convinced it will make any difference.

Please advise. i'm completely housebound and cannot walk due to having a knee operation, and completely dependent on my mobile if i have an emergency.

i've tried Kwoggers out of the box fix from his 2.1.2 toolkit but this didnt work as the phone wont stay in one place long enough for it to get a fix.

If it reboots, even in bootloader, then it's either a broken power button or a broken motherboard.
5th August 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

If it reboots, even in bootloader, then it's either a broken power button or a broken motherboard.

thanks for replying, but why would this happen all of a sudden?

the phone was on, it hadn't been rebooted for a few days. It hadn't been dropped. but suddenly it went into a boot loop.
5th August 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.

3,047 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for replying, but why would this happen all of a sudden?

the phone was on, it hadn't been rebooted for a few days. It hadn't been dropped. but suddenly it went into a boot loop.

Not exactly sure, it's happened to a couple of people. Another reason could be a defective battery. What happens if you plug in the charger and attempt to boot?
5th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Not exactly sure, it's happened to a couple of people. Another reason could be a defective battery. What happens if you plug in the charger and attempt to boot?

same. just boot loops.

the reason i dont think its the power button is it just stops doing it and just switches off.

when its plugged in it just reboots around the white google logo, constantly. without being plugged in it goes to the 4 balls and reoots
Last edited by spasypaddy; 5th August 2014 at 10:35 AM.
5th August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Somewhere quiet.

3,047 posts
More
Quote:

same. just boot loops.

sometimes it gets to the 4 balls converging, sometimes it just reboots around the google logo.

Afraid there's not much you can do other than RMA, then.
5th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Afraid there's not much you can do other than RMA, then.

thanks, i just rang google and they are sending me some troubleshooting via email and then it will get replaced.

will google mind that ive opened the back up?
5th August 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Somewhere quiet.

3,047 posts
More
Quote:

thanks, i just rang google and they are sending me some troubleshooting via email and then it will get replaced.

will google mind that ive opened the back up?

I'm not sure, I think it voids the warranty :/
5th August 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
hmm

i'll just have to risk it if their troubleshooting doesnt work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread