No registration required

Nexus 5 won't take charge

OP kakesen

21st June 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Hi everyone

My nexus 5 won't charge. That is, it says it's charging, but sits at 0% and won't budge. I've tried 4 different USB cables with the stock charger and the Nexus 7 2012 charger.

I'm running stock 4.3.3 with towel root and SuperSU from the play store. I was using the phone normally today when all of a sudden it switched off. It didn't say "powering off", it just went black. I probably had about 12% battery left at this point.
I plugged it into the stock charger and USB cable and the notification light started flashing red. I left it like that for about 5 minutes, booted into the bootloader and reset the phone, after which it seemed to be charging. However the percentage just dropped from 12% to 0% in about half an hour - despite being "charging" and the phone being left alone apart for some minor WhatsApp-ing.

Anyone experience anything similar or have a solution?

Thanks!
21st June 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Switch off the device completely and put it on a wall charger for an hour or so and then boot it up and see if it has charged or not?
21st June 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Switch off the device completely and put it on a wall charger for an hour or so and then boot it up and see if it has charged or not?

Yeah seems to be slowly charging now. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread