XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 won't charge over USB

Tip us?

Euler MD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default [Q] Nexus 5 won't charge over USB

Hi guys, so I have a stock N5 and it won't charge over USB or AC unless the phone is turned off. I've tried to factory reset with no luck.

My current theory is that something's up with android itself, instead of BIOs. Has anybody else experienced anything similar to this?
Nexus 5
Previous: Samsung A737 -> Nokia Mural -> HTC Fuze -> HTC Sensation -> Nexus 4

david23c
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euler MD View Post
Hi guys, so I have a stock N5 and it won't charge over USB or AC unless the phone is turned off. I've tried to factory reset with no luck.

My current theory is that something's up with android itself, instead of BIOs. Has anybody else experienced anything similar to this?
when I first turned on my N5 and connected it via USB to do various root related stuff, my battery actually went down with each reboot. Even connecting to the AC cable charged it pretty slowly. But now it's charging fine via USB or AC (although the charging speed with USB does seem a lot slower than my previous phone, Galaxy S3)
The Following User Says Thank You to david23c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Euler MD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by david23c View Post
when I first turned on my N5 and connected it via USB to do various root related stuff, my battery actually went down with each reboot. Even connecting to the AC cable charged it pretty slowly. But now it's charging fine via USB or AC (although the charging speed with USB does seem a lot slower than my previous phone, Galaxy S3)
Yeah, the phone charges over AC slowly here too, but strangely enough it won't even make a USB connection with a computer as your phone did.
Nexus 5
Previous: Samsung A737 -> Nokia Mural -> HTC Fuze -> HTC Sensation -> Nexus 4

Roiw28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem!

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.. I could use it well and charge it over USB nicely but know it only charges when the phone is turned off. You could solve the problem??