No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 won't recognize charger

OP VanessaPeterson

17th August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys!
So I woke up this morning to find my Nexus5 at 78% battery after being plugged in all evening.
I noticed that the phone wasn't charging while plugged in.
I have tried almost everything I have found regarding this issue including doing a factory restore through the boot menu. I have tried multiple chargers and cords, nothing works.
Could anyone share some advice as to something I could try to get this working please?!
The phone was working fine for about a week (I just got it) and this happened out of the blue.

Thanks!!
17th August 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,213

3,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would highly recommend an RMA. Usually most manufacturer defects happen in about the first month of ownership. Could be a damaged usb port, battery, or even a power failure but I'd suspect that last.

Sorry but other than returning the device for this type of issue, I can't recommend anything else.
17th August 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

I would highly recommend an RMA. Usually most manufacturer defects happen in about the first month of ownership. Could be a damaged usb port, battery, or even a power failure but I'd suspect that last.

Sorry but other than returning the device for this type of issue, I can't recommend anything else.

I guess I should state the phone is new to me. A friend gave it to me, he bought it when they were first released.
17th August 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,213

3,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaPeterson

I guess I should state the phone is new to me. A friend gave it to me, he bought it when they were first released.

Well hopefully they are a good friend of yours who wouldn't mind RMA'ing the device. Nexus 5 still have a one year warranty since it hasn't officially been a year that the phone has been out, release date was October 31st, 2013.

For LG to do an RMA, they require a locked bootloader, stock ROM, and tamper flags for the bootloader to be reset. (unmodified)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread