Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 won't start up and all I have is a flashing battery icon. Please help!

OP purplechris83

7th August 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

You said:
"the bootloader screen is absolutely fine once I get to it"
"I need to have the phone plugged in to get to bootloader, if I try without the power cable nothing happens."
"Whether it is attached to a PC or a power outlet the same thing happens"

I'm not sure what you mean since those statements are a little conflicting.
Doesn't boot into bootloader when plugged into a PC?
Only boots into bootloader when plugged into AC?

If you boot into the bootloader just fine, then flash the factory images with fastboot? http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

Doesn't boot into bootloader when plugged into a PC? It boots into bootloader when plugged into a PC
Only boots into bootloader when plugged into AC? It boots into bootloader when plugged into AC

If you boot into the bootloader just fine, then flash the factory images with fastboot? When I select any option from the Bootloader screen it then comes up with the Google logo and then turns off (whether plugged in to PC or AC)
7th August 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #12  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,332

3,807 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplechris83

Doesn't boot into bootloader when plugged into a PC? It boots into bootloader when plugged into a PC
Only boots into bootloader when plugged into AC? It boots into bootloader when plugged into AC

If you boot into the bootloader just fine, then flash the factory images with fastboot? When I select any option from the Bootloader screen it then comes up with the Google logo and then turns off (whether plugged in to PC or AC)

You don't need to select any option to flash the factory images with fastboot, you just need to be in the bootloader. Read the thread I linked.
15th August 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
SOLVED
Hey all, just wanted to say to everyone thats posted in this forum so far THANK YOU for your help. For the people that have found this forum and are having the same problem with their Nexus 5 you need to replace the battery and everything will work fine so it was a hardware issue this one.

As soon as I replaced the battery I could access Recovery and just reset the device with no problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread