[Q] Nexus 5 won't turn on unless plugged in to charger.

OP Mockhiel

28th January 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
After doing some extensive research as to why my Nexus 5 was randomly off when at full charge I discovered there were obviously alot of issues going on with this.

After doing all of the suggestions (e.i. Charging for an hour with standard AC, An hour with USB) I finally got the thing to turn one *whew*

Well not so *Whew* after all. The battery indicator in the tp left of the screen is saying the battery charge is empty. The charging level also says %0. As soon as I unplug the charger it turns off due to lack of charge.

Did the factory rest thing and it's still doing the same thing.

After some experimenting I have discovered that while in the boot screen (Vol+/Vol- & Power) it does not have to be plugged in. Interesting.

Every time the phone gets to where you can see the battery level it thinks it has no charge and auto offs itself.

What do I do?
28th January 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,015 posts
More
I would first try a different charger. Its possible that you have a bad charger/USB cable. If that doesn't work then I'd send it back and get a warranty replacement phone but more than likely your issue is a bad charger/USB cable and if not that then a bad battery.

sent from my neXus 5
Last edited by OuncE718; 28th January 2014 at 06:45 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread