Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 won't work with Wi-Fi when Miracast is on

Tip us?

Devil0per
Old
(Last edited by Devil0per; 3rd May 2014 at 05:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 won't work with Wi-Fi when Miracast is on

I just got a Netgear PTV 3000 dongle and when I use it with my nexus 5 the internet stops working, rendering the thing pretty useless.

The odd thing is that the phone is showing that wi-fi is on and connected when Miracast is on.

When I switch Miracast on, the Internet immediately stops working, then even if I switch Miracast off it won't work unless I disconnect from the wi-fi connection and connect again. Also if I disconnect from wi-fi when Miracast is on, the Miracast connection will be dropped, I thought Miracast didn't use local wi-fi connection ?

Any ideas why this is happening. I herd that sony xperia Z for instance can't use wi-fi when Miracast is on, but surely this is not the case with Nexus 5 ? Perhaps my TP-Link router somehow conflicts with Miracast ?

thanks...

masterhoss56
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't reproduce your described experience using the same Netgear receiver (but different router). I am stock kernel and ROM (but rooted).

I would ensure the PTV is fully up to date on firmware, recycle that thing, and try again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app