No registration required

Is my Nexus 5's storage corrupted?

OP n1kolan

25th January 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 384

1,741 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretaps

...who have never so much as even seen a command line...

Or a punch card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390639939145.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2537853  
25th January 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,197

13,531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kolan

Will try this when I get home

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Have you tried, word for word, what everyone else has said and reflash the factory image? This is the first thing to try if nothing else responds
25th January 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

Have you tried, word for word, what everyone else has said and reflash the factory image? This is the first thing to try if nothing else responds

That was what I tried first, yes.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 42

337 posts
i had the same problem as you but what i did was folow a thread for nexus 10. flash the original nexus 5 image and then go inot stock recovery do a factory reset there and cache and then reboot it will boot into os
30th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 20

249 posts
I had a very similar issue with my Nexus 5. It also froze suddenly then entered a bootloop. I was using a rooted stock ROM.

I was able to flash the stock image but when booting got lots of app errors then another bootloop. I tried to flash the stock image again but at this point just got write fault errors. I also tried to relock the bootloader but while this seems to work when you first lock it after a reboot it goes back to unlocked.

I'm waiting for my replacement to be delivered... Hopefully the unlocked bootloader won't be an issue when I send it back.
1st February 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 152

537 posts
Not sure how I missed this thread! I've just had a very similar experience, except I can't get past the black and white google logo, and trying to flash any of the partitions fails with a write error. See my thread here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629591

Not being able to re-lock the bootloader seems to be one of the tell tale signs the flash chip is stuffed, which is very unfortunate for warranty purposes. I'd be interested to hear how many people have had this same problem (seems like there might be at least a few of us on here). Also of interest would be whether you've run into issues regarding your warranty, or whether Google / LG are being reasonable about the issue.
2nd February 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
I'm telling y'all I had the exact same problem. Partitions were missing, couldn't mount or do anything without errors.

Then somehow, following the steps I listed on page one and doing a hard reset at just the right moment in the bootloop then WHAM the partitions were back. There did seem to be a couple files missing but I was able to do a dirty reinstall of the ROM I was using from the source in my download folder after the partitions reappeared and bam, I was back in business.

Now clearly what I was dealing with must have been a software issue and not a hardware problem, or at least not a permanent one but for anybody finds themselves with this issue its def worth a shot. A lot easier than going through unbrick process plus u don't gotta reconfigure everythingb or restore your files
2nd February 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 152

537 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretaps

I'm telling y'all I had the exact same problem. Partitions were missing, couldn't mount or do anything without errors.

Then somehow, following the steps I listed on page one and doing a hard reset at just the right moment in the bootloop then WHAM the partitions were back. There did seem to be a couple files missing but I was able to do a dirty reinstall of the ROM I was using from the source in my download folder after the partitions reappeared and bam, I was back in business.

Now clearly what I was dealing with must have been a software issue and not a hardware problem, or at least not a permanent one but for anybody finds themselves with this issue its def worth a shot. A lot easier than going through unbrick process plus u don't gotta reconfigure everythingb or restore your files

In what way was your issue 'exactly the same'? Did your device also spontaneously reboot or turn off, or were you flashing new ROMs at the time? I don't think any of us have missing partitions, and personally, I wasn't even able to boot into recovery. I note that some are able to boot recovery, but aren't able to flash a new recovery, so this confirms that the flash memory has become read only. Also, it doesn't sound like you tried a 'fastboot oem lock', which would have failed if your problem was the same.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread