FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

My Nexus 6 concept - What do you think?

20th July 2014, 07:46 PM |#31  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprofomo

Then buy the next nexus tablet^^

That was irony. This guys want hammers in the hand/pocket. Everything superior than 5' should not be build...
 
 
20th July 2014, 09:35 PM |#32  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAsyy

That was irony. This guys want hammers in the hand/pocket. Everything superior than 5' should not be build...

I can only agree to you. My max. would be 5.2" but 5" is my favorite. I can't understand this trend to have a gigantic screen. The best size is when you hold your device in one hand and can reach the top opposite corner with your thumb.
21st July 2014, 12:32 AM |#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectdevil

Chill out man... The kid just gave HIS concept of what he desires in the next nexus phone!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The guy is chill, just giving him some sound advice if he wants to make concept renders.
The Following User Says Thank You to m52 power! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 06:13 PM |#34  
Junior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
It's doable, but I'll be honest, I don't like the bottom edge. It comes across kind of cramped, but even more off-putting is that it's asymmetrical to the top. As for the bezels, the edge can actually be made out of bounds, where it can display information but won't register any touch outside the boundary line. That's a 'play area' concept that can be taken advantage of. I don't mind having a curve on both the top and bottom hemispheres, as I have a Nexus 5, and am used to it and like the feel.

As for protective materials, this wouldn't be very cost effective, but a few layers of pure graphene or LSG (lithium-sulpher-graphene) would actually serve the purpose very well. Wrapping the screen itself in graphene actually would make it very difficult to destroy. It may still crack, but the pieces will remain firmly in place and you might not even feel them. Might.

I've got other thoughts for this render but I don't want to crossover into my own device plans lol I actually plan to build it if I get a strong enough community behind me. The perfect phone hardware..."the white rhino." (You'll get it if you've seen Hot Tub Time Machine lol)
The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyFelon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 01:44 PM |#35  
yashade2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 902
 
Donate to Me
More
What a bezel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th October 2014, 07:28 PM |#36  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFelon

It's doable, but I'll be honest, I don't like the bottom edge. It comes across kind of cramped, but even more off-putting is that it's asymmetrical to the top. As for the bezels, the edge can actually be made out of bounds, where it can display information but won't register any touch outside the boundary line. That's a 'play area' concept that can be taken advantage of. I don't mind having a curve on both the top and bottom hemispheres, as I have a Nexus 5, and am used to it and like the feel.

As for protective materials, this wouldn't be very cost effective, but a few layers of pure graphene or LSG (lithium-sulpher-graphene) would actually serve the purpose very well. Wrapping the screen itself in graphene actually would make it very difficult to destroy. It may still crack, but the pieces will remain firmly in place and you might not even feel them. Might.

I've got other thoughts for this render but I don't want to crossover into my own device plans lol I actually plan to build it if I get a strong enough community behind me. The perfect phone hardware..."the white rhino." (You'll get it if you've seen Hot Tub Time Machine lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashade2001

What a bezel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I uploaded a new version earlier on 3rd page, will link it in OP soon.
But nevertheless there are leaks of the device, so this concepts are redundant.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54217287
Last edited by aprofomo; 12th October 2014 at 07:34 PM.
12th October 2014, 08:00 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprofomo

I uploaded a new version earlier on 3rd page, will link it in OP soon.
But nevertheless there are leaks of the device, so this concepts are redundant.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54217287

The articles I read all said the leaks were only supposed. There's still a lot of uncertainty. I know the bezels didn't have to be expanded though lol I addressed concerns of other members, but the only criticism I had of your render was the bottom of the device. I like the curve on the device., and 5.2" is a really good screen size. You ever consider partnering with someone on a phone development project? Those have vast potential on crowdfunding sites.
12th October 2014, 09:07 PM |#38  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFelon

The articles I read all said the leaks were only supposed. There's still a lot of uncertainty. I know the bezels didn't have to be expanded though lol I addressed concerns of other members, but the only criticism I had of your render was the bottom of the device. I like the curve on the device., and 5.2" is a really good screen size. You ever consider partnering with someone on a phone development project? Those have vast potential on crowdfunding sites.

No I don't think so.
In my opinion the Nexus 5 has the best design of all phones out right now. I like the pure glass front.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes