FORUMS

[Q] black screen after battery replacement

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cesar2k, Junior Member on 7th June 2015, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi folks,
i am struggling with the following issue and hopefully I find somebody who could help !

After I got a new battery for my nexus, it didn't boot or charge, so I thought the battery is broken. I contacted the seller and he sent me new one. For the time in between I just had my nexus running with my old battery.
So I got the second battery for replacement from the same seller, tried it and nope - didn't boot. I figured this one would be broken again and I tried to put my originally battery back into the phone but it would not run normally now either .
It only booted up a few rare times but the touch didnt work. Since then it only vibrates shortly when I try to turn it on. Afterwards there is nothing more though. Sometimes I can see the backlight bleeding but nothing more...

I changed my screen twice before and I didn't have any problems. So technically speaking I think I knew what I had to do.
Really frustrating. If you could share your ideas with me, that would be fantastic!
Thanks!
Last edited by cesar2k; 8th June 2015 at 09:43 PM.

8th June 2015, 06:38 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
I just checked the connection with my computer and that seems to work. I know its not the displays fault so I reckon the USB connector???
Thanks again for your help!
Cheers

Edit: flashed the factory image now and that appeared to work...
I just ordered a New USB connector and see if that'll help.

Sent from my XT1092 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by cesar2k; 8th June 2015 at 08:19 PM.
15th June 2015, 10:08 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
OK, i think I found what is causing the trouble for me.
I have a loose contact at the connection between the mainboard and the USB connector...

Does someone know if that can be fixed?

Do you think Google will recognise I opened the phone a couple of times?

16th June 2015, 01:40 PM |#4  
Flag Plano
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thumbs up
This is a problem encountered by some others. The connection between the USB/Lcd ribbon and the motherboard has been know to have problems. so first check to make sure it is connected correctly.
I had it happen with one of my Nexus 5 phones. I sloved the problem by using tiny strip of 3M double stickover the top of the USB connector before positioning and screwing on the Motherboard cover . Be careful to ensure that each antannae wire is correctly connected too. You can test everything is working before replacing the rear cover. When you attach the rear cover be aware that it must be able to make a good connection so that NFC is enabled. Just be patient and take your time.
I hope thia helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksmith5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2015, 07:45 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks! That actually helped a lot!
A piece of cardboard on top of the usb ribbon connector actually did it for me!

In fact it's back alive and now I am wondering if I keep my 5' or stick to my new moto x 2014

Thanks again for your help!
cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread