Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Certain Applications for Certain things?

Tip us?

Andypandiiee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Certain Applications for Certain things?

Hey, is there a way of app that will make some apps not viable for certain things. For example, if you have 2 browsers, everytime u click a link, it will say "Chrome, Youtube" and then you have to chance to press Always. but then it pops up again... is there like a way to make Chrome not be viable for opening youtube links or something? Thanks for your help!

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andypandiiee View Post
Hey, is there a way of app that will make some apps not viable for certain things. For example, if you have 2 browsers, everytime u click a link, it will say "Chrome, Youtube" and then you have to chance to press Always. but then it pops up again... is there like a way to make Chrome not be viable for opening youtube links or something? Thanks for your help!
If you select Always, it is supposed to never show you the selection box again unless you reset app preferences or perhaps download a new option. Only thing I could think to try is reset app preferences and try it again.
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
(Last edited by KJ; 11th July 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2720
Any app that you previously clicked "always use this app", can be reset, and next time you click a link, it will ask you what app you want to use....can he done by going to system settings, apps, all, find the app that's currently the default, click it....and click "clear defaults".
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 612
@KJ what you reviving old threads for :P
Samsung Galaxy S3, SOKP

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007 View Post
@KJ what you reviving old threads for :P
June isn't that old! Lol

And in case anyone else in a similar situation finds the thread....I wanted to add that.....some may not know.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes tho. 👍
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]