Post Reply

My Nexus is losing WLAN and mobile connection frequently

9th January 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Hi guys,
i've a huge issue regarding my N5.

It's frequentyl loosing the connection to mobile and WLAN.
My nexus is running on CM11 (newest nightly).
I already tried cm-stock-kernel and franco.Kernel.
I also flashed a new modem.
But nothing helped.

Is someone having similar issues?

Please feel free to check my attached log-file (network signal info pro).

Thanks a lot you for your support!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx mobile_log.xlsx - [Click for QR Code] (76.5 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by leAndroid91; 9th January 2014 at 08:36 AM.
9th January 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
1,101 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leAndroid91

Hi guys,
i've a huge issue regarding my N5.

It's frequentyl loosing the connection to mobile and WLAN.
My nexus is running on CM11 (newest nightly).
I already tried cm-stock-kernel and franco.Kernel.
I also flashed a new modem.
But nothing helped.

Is someone having similar issues?

Please feel free to check my attached log-file (network signal info pro).

Thanks a lot you for your support!

Check out my reply here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603513
9th January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesan

Check out my reply here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603513

Thanks for your help!
I now prefer 3G, don't have lte anyway

But i don't know what could be wrong with my damn wlan
Code:
Zaehler,Info,Signal-Typ,Zeit (24h),SSID (BSSID),WLAN speed (Mbps),dBm,dBm Durchschnitt,Bestes Signal,Prozent:,Prozent Durchschnitt
2986,,wifi,9:49:26,"guestnet.lxs" (10:bd:18:a6:3c:a3),-1,-200,-112,-67,0%,33%
2987,,wifi,9:49:27,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2988,,wifi,9:49:28,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2989,,wifi,9:49:29,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2990,,wifi,9:49:30,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2991,,wifi,9:49:31,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2992,,wifi,9:49:32,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2993,,wifi,9:49:33,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2994,,wifi,9:49:34,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2995,,wifi,9:49:35,"guestnet.lxs" (10:bd:18:a6:3c:a3),-1,-200,-112,-67,0%,33%,
For the period without WLAN the logger didn't log any dBm so i guess the modem somehow just crashes.
Hope that's fixed by prefering 3G but i don't think so.

The WLAN is working fine.
No issues with my laptop and my old phone.
Last edited by leAndroid91; 9th January 2014 at 09:40 AM.
9th January 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
1,101 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leAndroid91

Thanks for your help!
I now prefer 3G, don't have lte anyway

But i don't know what could be wrong with my damn wlan

Code:
Zaehler,Info,Signal-Typ,Zeit (24h),SSID (BSSID),WLAN speed (Mbps),dBm,dBm Durchschnitt,Bestes Signal,Prozent:,Prozent Durchschnitt
2986,,wifi,9:49:26,"guestnet.lxs" (10:bd:18:a6:3c:a3),-1,-200,-112,-67,0%,33%
2987,,wifi,9:49:27,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2988,,wifi,9:49:28,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2989,,wifi,9:49:29,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2990,,wifi,9:49:30,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2991,,wifi,9:49:31,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2992,,wifi,9:49:32,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2993,,wifi,9:49:33,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2994,,wifi,9:49:34,not connected,-,-,-,-,-,-,
2995,,wifi,9:49:35,"guestnet.lxs" (10:bd:18:a6:3c:a3),-1,-200,-112,-67,0%,33%,
For the period without WLAN the logger didn't log any dBm so i guess the modem somehow just crashes.
Hope that's fixed by prefering 3G but i don't think so.

The WLAN is working fine.
No issues with my laptop and my old phone.

Which WLAN router do you have?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank