Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,998 Members 39,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I just got a new nexus and I have a few questions.

Tip us?

ashirviskas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
+1 cus you'll only end up doing at a later date regretting not doing it now 😀
Not even close You can unlock bootloader from rooted device without wiping All you need is a Bootloader unlocker for nexus (or something like that) from play store.
Nexus 5

Jaideniv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashirviskas View Post
[I am not going to root it this month, so please, no posts about how it is a must thing to do, why it is beter to do it now than later and so on (especially about unlocking a bootloader - I already know that)]
1. What are a must apps for nexus 5 (non-rooted)? or other, not must, but nice to have?
2. Must have (and cheap, as I've already spent my ~400$ on this nexus) accessories?
3. Just some simple tips and tricks that a new android kitkat and N5 user should know
(This phone is a beast! )

EDIT: Should I update it from android 4.4.2? And ART. Should I turn it on before or after the updates (yes, I already decided on updating and on ART - I'll turn it on after all the updates. So no answers to these needed )
Flashlight is a must. Password Safe is good for storing all your usernames/passwords, and the usual social networking are great for really fast communication
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaideniv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashirviskas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Should flash franco kernel on stock or not? Will it interfere with ART and overall stability?
Nexus 5

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,253
Quote:
Should flash franco kernel on stock or not? Will it interfere with ART and overall stability?
Flash whatever non-CAF kernel you like. You decide. Will not cause instability or conflict with ART
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

ashirviskas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Flash whatever non-CAF kernel you like. You decide. Will not cause instability or conflict with ART
Okay. So now I've got franco on it, I already underclocked to save battery, what else I should do? (Thanks for your help )
Nexus 5

krystyuc
Old
(Last edited by krystyuc; 25th July 2014 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Okay. So now I've got franco on it, I already underclocked to save battery, what else I should do? (Thanks for your help )
I would go for PA rom +Franco
Also for more battery check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49210431
Since you are on franco ,even more battery conserv and smooth system: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=10%22
Nexus 5 <-Nexus 4 <- Iphone 3Gs <-Iphone 2G <-Lg Ku990 <-Motorola RAZR V3I <-Alcatel One Touch 512 <-Nokia 6310i

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,627
Quote:
Underclocking doesn't save battery

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
Underclocking doesn't save battery
It *can* but you'd have to only do tasks that take fewer clock cycles than your Max frequency

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

ashirviskas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
It *can* but you'd have to only do tasks that take fewer clock cycles than your Max frequency

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I reclocked it to normal speeds and started with undervolting. I have PVS 3, stable at 300 MHz at 650, 422 MHz at 675 ... 1267 MHz at 810, 1574 at 860, 2265 at 975.
Any more advices?
Nexus 5

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
I reclocked it to normal speeds and started with undervolting. I have PVS 3, stable at 300 MHz at 650, 422 MHz at 675 ... 1267 MHz at 810, 1574 at 860, 2265 at 975.
Any more advices?
Try the LSD os and enjoy the Nexus5 trip!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!