Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus Screen gets colored pixel snow

Tip us?

rozin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus Screen gets colored pixel snow

I have a nexus 5 rooted with stock rom and kernel and stock recovery+ xposed+GravityBox and some other xposed modules.
this happened sunday and again today.
I unlocked the screen and then the screen looked like that:

even on reboot the screen still was with the pixel snow
and after a few minutes of locking and unlocking repeatedly the screen turned OK again.
couldn't find a lot of information online.
does anyone knows why has this happened?
has someone experienced this kind of failure?
any advice?
thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140708-WA0007.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	2840906  

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2131

DONATE TO ME
It's a hardware failure. Most probably the screen or the Flex cable went bad. It can only be solved by replacing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1726
Definitely a hardware fault.... Had exactly the same screen on my n86 when the repair guyz told me that flex cable was damaged...
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rozin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks..
the problem is I bought the phone on ebay and had it sent to my uncle who was in the states for a business trip and then he brought it to me when he finished his trip.
I'm not from the US so I don't know who should I complain to :\
sending it back to the US and **** will take a lot of time and probably money

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozin View Post
thanks..
the problem is I bought the phone on ebay and had it sent to my uncle who was in the states for a business trip and then he brought it to me when he finished his trip.
I'm not from the US so I don't know who should I complain to :\
sending it back to the US and **** will take a lot of time and probably money
Totally depends on the device's IMEI. If the IMEI if not of the country you're residing in, warranty goes out of the window. In any case, you need to send it in to get it fixed whether it's under warranty or not.

Good Luck

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post

Totally depends on the device's IMEI. If the IMEI if not of the country you're residing in, warranty goes out of the window. In any case, you need to send it in to get it fixed whether it's under warranty or not.

Good Luck
Changing the flex cable won't cost alot...
If the screen is damaged (i hope its not) it will hurt...
So best is to get it done from local lg service center ..as u have no warranty by any means

Wrong post quoted
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]