Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus stuck at update screen (droid with polyhedron)

Tip us?

gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 15th February 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Unhappy Nexus stuck at update screen (droid with polyhedron)

My Nexus 5 seems to get stuck at the update screen (the standing green android with the spinning polyhedron) after flashing to stock(+unroot) with softbrick/bootloop checked. The flash completed without error. I've left it at this screen for over an hour and not only does it not progress it doesn't even get to the progress bar at the bottom.

This afternoon my (unrooted, bootlocked, stock) N5 turned itself off 3 times while on the charger. Powered back on and then would find it turned off 20 or so minutes later when I checked it again. After the third time it booted to the "Google" screen and would go no further. I tried a hard reset but it gave an error. So I plugged it into my laptop and fired up Wug's NRT, unlocked the bootloader (at which point it got stuck at the same update screen described above for around an hour). I held power till it went off, booted back into bootloader (which showed as unlocked) and performed the flash to stock(+unroot) with softbrick/bootloop checked and ended up at the update animation again. Any thoughts other than RMA?

****Edit: Finally got the phone to boot after fastboot booting twrp. Was able to to wipe the phone (after multiple attemps blocked by can not mount storage/cache/etc/etc errors). Flashed 4.4 and the phone now boots to android BUT radio is non-functional (no signal despite being in my normal coverage area), any attempt to add an APN causes a hard reboot (had to go through all the setup screens again). Additionally, the phone won't turn off, even hard power downs (holding the button for 30 secs) lead to an immediate reboot. Still RMAing but I was able to relock the bootloader.

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5616

DONATE TO ME
You really shouldn't RMA a phone after messing it up yourself by using a toolkit when you didn't know what you were doing.
Flash the factory images manually. That should get your phone up and running again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gallahad2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_ View Post
You really shouldn't RMA a phone after messing it up yourself by using a toolkit when you didn't know what you were doing.
Flash the factory images manually. That should get your phone up and running again.
Performed a manual flash with the exact same results. There is apparently something wrong with the hardware (which may explain why it was turning itself off and then wouldn't boot past the google logo.

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5616

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahad2000 View Post
Performed a manual flash with the exact same results. There is apparently something wrong with the hardware (which may explain why it was turning itself off and then wouldn't boot past the google logo.
Yep, I would agree.