[Q] My first nexus

OP Esk1L

7th February 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
hey whats up guys, havent been on these forums since i had my epic 4g touch about a year ago. ive been on my iPhone 4 for the past couple months and ive been dying for android, i had the note 3 for about a week but couldnt deal with such a big phone. anyways i just ordered my RED nexus 5. hopefully it ill get it by tuesday (2-11-14). anyways just wanted to see what everyone is trying out as far as ROMs anything semi stable i should dive into first? is pretty much what im asking lol. thanks in advanced and hopefully ill love this phone as much as i loved my epic
7th February 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esk1L

hey whats up guys, havent been on these forums since i had my epic 4g touch about a year ago. ive been on my iPhone 4 for the past couple months and ive been dying for android, i had the note 3 for about a week but couldnt deal with such a big phone. anyways i just ordered my RED nexus 5. hopefully it ill get it by tuesday (2-11-14). anyways just wanted to see what everyone is trying out as far as ROMs anything semi stable i should dive into first? is pretty much what im asking lol. thanks in advanced and hopefully ill love this phone as much as i loved my epic

Read the stickies and how-to threads like the first 3 threads in the General section first bro so you`ll know what to do when your N5 arrrives. Most custom roms are quite stable and the best way is to try some and keep the one you like most
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 195

320 posts
Donate to Me
More
personally, I like to stick with official builds of CyanogenMod. I recommend sticking with EITHER the official Clockworkmod build for a recovery, OR use PhilZ Touch recovery, as it adds quite a few features, as well as an easy to use theme system so you can customize a bit.

You're good sticking with the default CyanogenMod kernel, but I personally like Chaos kernel, as it also adds more features, as well as more customization in terms of performance and such. Just be careful with it if you use it.

But it all depends on what you like, the way you use your phone, or what you use it for. How often you use it, what apps you like, etc.
You might even want to just stick with the stock rom for a while. It's pretty good by default, and if you're used to another phone OS, it will certainly help you get used to Android in general again. Particularly KitKat.

Definitely as mentioned before, read the stickies for tutorials, available roms, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to kronflux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

229 posts
I would say a stock rom, rooted with Xposed framework and couple of modules gives you everything you need for a stock user.
8th February 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #5  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 27,018

28,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Read the stickies and how-to threads like the first 3 threads in the General section first bro so you`ll know what to do when your N5 arrrives. Most custom roms are quite stable and the best way is to try some and keep the one you like most

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

And as mentioned...backup and try some. Find out what works best for you.
Thread closed before it turns into a best ROM thread.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread