XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few noon questions if nobody minds

Tip us?

shizkoff777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5506
Default A few noon questions if nobody minds

I've read that all nexus 5 are interchangeable,but my question is if I bought the 32gb today and was wondering if I'm OK to flash anything ROM or kernel related to the nexus5.I've been flashing for some years now I just do not want to mess up my new phone.Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
They made me change my signature but we all know it was the best

P.Mobile
Old
(Last edited by P.Mobile; 2nd January 2014 at 09:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizkoff777 View Post
I've read that all nexus 5 are interchangeable,but my question is if I bought the 32gb today and was wondering if I'm OK to flash anything ROM or kernel related to the nexus5.I've been flashing for some years now I just do not want to mess up my new phone.Thanks

yes u can flash any rom or kernel.. i have sprint and i try every rom and kernel thats out for the N5!! think i have seen u around.. my last two phones was the sprint gs4 & htc one..
The Following User Says Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shizkoff777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5506
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Mobile View Post
yes u can flash any rom or kernel.. i have sprint and i try every rom and kernel thats out for the N5!! think i have seen u around.. my last two phones was the sprint gs4 & htc one..
Hey man if I'm not mistaken I've seen your name in I think bk's uccw thread maybe?

They made me change my signature but we all know it was the best

g01851
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes there's only one 'model' really, the memory size doesn't matter (or the color)

KTT16
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Yeah go for it and flash to your hearts desire. If anything, always make sure your phone is charged all the way, and be sure to either have the factory images handy, or your nandroid backups. This phone is amazing so put it through its paces and try out the different ROMs and kernels...for me stock is fine except I flashed franco's kernel to improve battery life.
LG Nexus 5
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Franco