Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Notifications hide themselves after a while.

OP msaeger

29th July 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
I am seeing some different behavior as far as notifications go vs how my jellybean device worked and I want to know if this is normal on kitkat or if there is a setting I am missing.

If I get a notification from the calendar the calendar icon will show in the notification bar for a while then it will hide itself so if I pull down the bar it's there but the calendar icon will be gone from the notification bar. On my previous devices the calendar icon would stay visible until I cleared the notification.

This is annoying and I want to know if this is normal operation or not.
29th July 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 352

1,457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaeger

I am seeing some different behavior as far as notifications go vs how my jellybean device worked and I want to know if this is normal on kitkat or if there is a setting I am missing.

If I get a notification from the calendar the calendar icon will show in the notification bar for a while then it will hide itself so if I pull down the bar it's there but the calendar icon will be gone from the notification bar. On my previous devices the calendar icon would stay visible until I cleared the notification.

This is annoying and I want to know if this is normal operation or not.

The status bar icon should not disappear until you clear the notification itself. Are you on stock?
30th July 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Yes I have stock version 4.4.4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread