XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Really Odd App issue.

Tip us?

ZeroAlphawolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Really Odd App issue.

Alright, so when i clean install a ROM, I'm able to access King.com's apps (Candy Crush, so forth) download them no problem so on. The only changes i make to my phone from that point is changing the DPI from 480, to 420, restoring only user apps via Titanium and switching runtime to ART. And while neither change immediately effects Candy Crush and its availability on the Play store, within the next couple hours, i don't know exact cause i went to bed this most recent test, something triggers the Play Store to believe Candy Crush, and affiliate games are not compatible with my Nexus 5. I can't even pull it up within Play Store, i have to google it, and click the link directly to it on the play store, where it says im not compatible with the version.

Now i can still play the games, having the apk already on my phone, but i can't update them, or download any of the new games, and i don't know if this might be happening with more apps, just having me unaware of such an issue.

I've tried two different Roms, both Cataclysm, and Purity, and the issue has effected them both. I've even gone as far as clean wiping my entire phone, and pushing a rom back via ADB to have it clean of -everything-.

Is this a issue anyone else is having? Does anyone think it could have to deal with ART? Or is it something else that is making the Play Store believe the newest phone on the market is incapable of it's most popular game.

I think the next attempt I'm going to clean install again, and run Davlik for a day, to see if it happens again.
Google Nexus 5, Rooted, Switching back and forth between Purity Rom, and Catacylsm Rom.
HTC One with ARHD 30.1

MordyT
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Change your DPI back and it should work. There is a xposed mod that always sends a fake DPI to Google play to prevent this.

Typed on the Nexus
Using a nexus 5 (hammerhead) on T-Mobile.