LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Odd classic voice dialer intermittently when using wired headset

OP bambam2k3

3rd May 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,512

26,838 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam2k3

Okay, I'm going to take that back.

It's got to be stock somehow. I read some other posts and a quick google image search shows other people with the same dialer, especially when using bluetooth headsets from the lockscreen. I've pretty much removed everything from my phone aside from the stock apps. In the varying posts I've seen, the spelling is incorrect in 50% of them, and I don't know maybe if that has something to do with the language settings of the phone.

I also tested a bluetooth headset that had never been paired with my phone before and when the phone is locked, I get the odd dialer, when it's unlocked, I get the proper google voice search.

My next step would be to completely wipe and reinstall. But, I think I'm going to keep trying to figure this out before going to that length.

--bambam2k3

the spelling incorrect is not google. and if it was google, it would be spelled incorrect for all, not 50% of the people. the next question is do you have a mod for your lockscreen? whatever it is, it is not googles app that you screenshoted. and you wrote that in safemode, it didnt appear. which also indicates that its a 3rd party app.
3rd May 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

the spelling incorrect is not google. and if it was google, it would be spelled incorrect for all, not 50% of the people. the next question is do you have a mod for your lockscreen? whatever it is, it is not googles app that you screenshoted. and you wrote that in safemode, it didnt appear. which also indicates that its a 3rd party app.

Simms,

Figured out the 'spelling mistake'. Since I'm Canadian, I was running my phone in English (UK) versus English (US). When I changed it back to English (US), now Dialer is spelled correctly.

As for lockscreen mods, I do have GravityBox running with some Lockscreen tweaks, but in my previous testing, I totally shutdown Xposed. That's all I've got. Had the same problem with it totally disabled.

Just came across this post on Android Police with a lot of comments with the exact same problem I'm having. Seems even with using Tasker and Secure Settings to disable Pin lock, turn off keyguard, wake the device and take it to the homescreen, the phone still thinks the screen is 'off' and brings up the old dialer.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...ooth-headsets/

Bambam2k3
3rd May 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,512

26,838 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam2k3

Simms,

Figured out the 'spelling mistake'. Since I'm Canadian, I was running my phone in English (UK) versus English (US). When I changed it back to English (US), now Dialer is spelled correctly.

As for lockscreen mods, I do have GravityBox running with some Lockscreen tweaks, but in my previous testing, I totally shutdown Xposed. That's all I've got. Had the same problem with it totally disabled.

Just came across this post on Android Police with a lot of comments with the exact same problem I'm having. Seems even with using Tasker and Secure Settings to disable Pin lock, turn off keyguard, wake the device and take it to the homescreen, the phone still thinks the screen is 'off' and brings up the old dialer.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...ooth-headsets/

Bambam2k3

so it seams then that you either need to update your google search or you are using a samsung device and not a nexus 5.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread