[Q] Turn off wireless charging

Tip us?

daniel_loft
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default [Q] Turn off wireless charging

Hello there!

I have a short and to the point question: is there a way to turn off the wireless charging? So that even when put on a charger, the phone not to charge?

Thanks!
Nokia 5110 > Alcatel OT303 > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 1112 > Nokia 5000 > Nokia 6555 > Nokia 3120C > Nokia E51 > Nokia E52 > Motorola Defy > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 5

<-- Hit THANKS if this post helped you!

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,246

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft View Post
Hello there!

I have a short and to the point question: is there a way to turn off the wireless charging? So that even when put on a charger, the phone not to charge?

Thanks!
Do not put your phone on the charger should be enough to solve this issue
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 81
^ this. Seriously, why would you need to turn off wireless charging?

jt3
Old
Thanks Meter 69
You could always unplug the charger.

FourPointedFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Perhaps they're thinking "since it's built-in, maybe it's running all the time and using my battery!", I read someone posted that elsewhere about wireless charging.
Device: LG Nexus 5 (D820) on AT&T's LTE
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
-Thanks Are Appreciated-

daniel_loft
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Guys... can't you just answer to the point?
I am thinking of building a holder with charging. But I might put it there for like 1 minute and then take it away (for various reasons). So I only want to start the charging if the phone was on the holder for 2 minutes or more (then it means that it's going to stay there for a while). I don't want to put it somewhere else, nor unplug the charger. Clear enough?
Nokia 5110 > Alcatel OT303 > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia 1112 > Nokia 5000 > Nokia 6555 > Nokia 3120C > Nokia E51 > Nokia E52 > Motorola Defy > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 5

GTI6speed
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
I am thinking of building a holder with charging. But I might put it there for like 1 minute and then take it away (for various reasons). So I only want to start the charging if the phone was on the holder for 2 minutes or more (then it means that it's going to stay there for a while). I don't want to put it somewhere else, nor unplug the charger. Clear enough?
You could design your charger to where it will only begin powering the coil when it has detected the phone for your 2 minute window.

Geo2160
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
It doesn't matter if it only charges for 5 seconds, 1 minute or 3 hours. It'll be fine. The only reason people don't recommend doing this with a cable is because you'll break the USB port sooner or later.

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 81
The more info we have the easier it is to help you find a solution. Since you take offense to having to elaborate, I'm just going to assume here that the noise when the phone starts to wirelessly charge is annoying to hear if you repeatedly have to remove the phone and put it back. I'd change to sound file to something like chargerconnect.ogg.bak so it stops making that noise. Or maybe use tasker to mute the phone for 5 seconds when it's put on a charger.

daniel_loft
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
I want to make a car holder with magnets and a wireless charger. I'll put it where I have the best view so that's the only place where I want to put the phone. The only concern is the battery health as I might put the phone there for under 5 minutes. I would like it to start charging only if the trip is long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk