[Q] ok google is not working in my nexus 5, why?

Search This thread

kiran9

Feb 9, 2014
Bengaluru
I don't know why for some reason 'ok google' is not working in my nexus 5. it was working fine before
here are thinkgs i checked after some browing over internet,
1. language is set to english(US)
2. hot word detection is checked
3. google now is on
I am from india. when i say 'ok google' and when i am at home screen its doin nothing. Before it was working fine.

jms_uk

Oct 5, 2007
Guildford
I don't know why for some reason 'ok google' is not working in my nexus 5. it was working fine before
3. google now is on
I am from india. when i say 'ok google' and when i am at home screen its doin nothing. Before it was working fine.

Have you got any other voice activation apps installed? I gave "Utter" a quick try, but even though it has support for OK Google hotword detection, I found Utter did end up killing it on occasion, so I got rid of it

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
3. google now is on

Can you think of what you might have installed when it was working fine until it stopped?

Easy street scenario is to try try and clear the cache and data if that doesn't work, factory reset before we get too rambunctious.

kiran9

Feb 9, 2014
Bengaluru
Can I give my current app list. So that it could be easy to troubleshoot. These are my currently running apps.
Notification toggle, facebook, applock,cover, wechat, whatsapp ,exdialor,dashclock widget, Google services, glance, light manager, app launcher for dash clock, Google keyboard.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I think it would be best to try and clear the cache and data from the Google experience launcher. Settings---> apps----> find launcher it is blue with a house icon in the middle.

It doesn't look like any of those apps could cause any conflict.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Then you will most likely have to do a factory reset I cannot think of anything else.

I just thought that maybe you change one of the hotwords and try that and see if it works, long shot but worth a try,

Sent from The Deathstar

Last edited:

kiran9

Feb 9, 2014
Bengaluru
I thought you could change words to say to make google activate but I could be wrong. If it's still not working factory reset.

a factory reset will erase all my data rite. i need to install all my apps , n i have to get all my contacts back. all these can be get when i have a gmail sync turnd on. but its seems costly operation. if i could get a better sollution it will help me

Reactions: Komeyl_zero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought you could change words to say to make google activate but I could be wrong. If it's still not working factory reset.

a factory reset will erase all my data rite. i need to install all my apps , n i have to get all my contacts back. all these can be get when i have a gmail sync turnd on. but its seems costly operation. if i could get a better sollution it will help me