Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optimized dalvik

Tip us?

local_root
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Optimized dalvik

Hi first of all i am sorry for opening this thread.i did google and search in forum and did not found answer so i am opening thread.
i am using catalysm rom +franco r34 kernel.now my question is that does catalysm rom included optimized dalvik libraries?or should i flash it on catalysm?
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 9th March 2014 at 10:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Hi,

Nope they are not included: [FAQ] Cataclysm for Nexus 5 Help thread (second post).

Flash them and test by yourself if you "need" them or not, higher benches for sure, in general UI I don't remember with Cataclysm rom... It depends of what you want...

There is a ton of feedback here (with some search/reading): [MOD] Dalvik+bionic library optimization - Flashable Zip .

local_root
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
Hi,

Nope they are not included: [FAQ] Cataclysm for Nexus 5 Help thread (second post).

Flash them and test by yourself if you "need" them or not, higher benches for sure, in general UI I don't remember with Cataclysm rom... It depends of what you want...

There is a ton of feedback here (with some search/reading): [MOD] Dalvik+bionic library optimization - Flashable Zip .

I install it..but idle battery drain has been increase littel bit
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 9th March 2014 at 11:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by local_root View Post
You came at this conclusion after how many time you have flashed them

Because you asked if you should flash them a few fours ago, so I guess you have not flashed them before, right?
Or you ask if you should flash something but you have already flashed...

I really doubt you can see a difference in about 2 hours and deduct that the patches are the cause, there are too many factors that could increase the battery drain...

But if it's the case for you, restore a Nandroid backup or flash the restore zip and you are good...

local_root
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

Because you asked if you should flash them a few fours ago, so I guess you have not flashed them before, right?

I really doubt you can see a difference in about 2 hours and deduct that the patches are the cause, there are too many factors that could increase the battery drain...

But if it's the case for you, restore a Nandroid backup or flash the restore zip and you are good...

To be honest i flash them last nite and it has been almost 20 hours..now i flash back to stock images using factory images and flash dalvik bioninc..
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 9th March 2014 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
or should i flash it on catalysm?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
To be honest i flash them last nite and it has been almost 20 hours
Ok.

Well, it's Sunday so I had free time to reply for something you have already tested/known by yourself and you have already your own conclusion, I don't see the goal of this thread, but maybe it's only me...

Good luck with your tests

local_root
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Ok.

Well, it's Sunday so I had free time to reply for something you have already tested/known by yourself and you have already your own conclusion, I don't see the goal of this thread, but maybe it's only me...

Good luck with your tests
thanks for your answer..thread have goal..coz i want to know if that could be reason of battery drain?