No registration required

Orange Network Bars! HELP

OP jaimeletelierhay

8th April 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 90

391 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeletelierhay

That's exactly what I thought! I've rooted handsets before and never had an issue connecting to Google servers etc. Yeah I can receive gmail, but I need to do it manually, it doesn't seem to be pushed through like before. I thought at first it was an issue with the APN but I've checked and reset it to default, still getting these damn orange bars. The arrows at the side suggest I am sending/receiving data though......I've attached a PIC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

From the look of your notification shade, you are obviously not using the stock ROM. What else has been done to your device?

Without more info on your phone, its tough to give solutions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to _jordan_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 67

467 posts
More
It is completely stock ROM with xposed and gravitybox installed. Apart from that, its pure stock. Even at that the only things I have activated with gravitybox is the notification shade and circle battery mod. Nothing has been touched in way of kernels, radios, WiFi, telephony tweaks etc. Really don't fancy having to reset my device entirely, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not planning on restoring it back and setting it up all over again. As for the WiFi suggestion, it worked for 3min 27sec (yes I timed it) but then, low and behold, the orange bars were back. I've been reading on some Google forums that its an issue in 4.4.2 but it was working fine prior to me rooting. I even put it in to safe mode to see if it was an installed app that was affecting it but that turned up nothing.

9th April 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 90

391 posts
^ OK thanks for clarifying. There are many potential reasons for this issue, so it is hard to track down.

Do you have other android devices? Do those work without issue, in your area, over your cellular connection?

If so, the problem isnt related to your Google account, or your cellular carrier, and must be device related.

If its device related, don't do a factory reset. Instead back up everything you care about and flash a factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
9th April 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast

467 posts
More
The signal actually came back and turned white for the rest of the day. Then it dropped out to orange again. Think I'll hang on to things the way they are right now and persevere with it and hope that 4.4.3 comes with a fix. Thanks.

9th April 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 280

2,027 posts
More
I'm getting the same thing on Sprint too. I wonder if it is a DNS thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to MrObvious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

I'm getting the same thing on Sprint too. I wonder if it is a DNS thing?

I'm on T-Mobile UK, well EE, as it's now known. The issue doesn't SEEM to be affecting things but I honestly can't be sure. In saying that I'm having to manually refresh my gmail and Google now notifications aren't displayed as often as before. There seems to be a few posts online about people with similar issues so there's every chance it is a DNS issue.

9th April 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #17  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 77

595 posts
More
not sure if this is a cell phone thing because I also get this on my 2013 nexus 7 wifi only and my N5 on T-Mobile. But I still have internet and notifications. I'm starting to think its just google running some kind of maintenance...
The Following User Says Thank You to boxcar8028 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfast

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar8028

not sure if this is a cell phone thing because I also get this on my 2013 nexus 7 wifi only and my N5 on T-Mobile. But I still have internet and notifications. I'm starting to think its just google running some kind of maintenance...

That's interesting......its only been over the past few days. Maybe prepping for the 4.4.3 release, but then again, that's more than likely wishful thinking. Odd how you get it on ur nexus 7 as well as ur nexus 5 on t-mobile

9th April 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #19  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 77

595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeletelierhay

That's interesting......its only been over the past few days. Maybe prepping for the 4.4.3 release, but then again, that's more than likely wishful thinking. Odd how you get it on ur nexus 7 as well as ur nexus 5 on t-mobile

yeah, Im running CM11 and stock 4.4.2 rooted, unlocked and with run time ART on N7 and N5. I see this on both ROMs. On stock the icons turns orange for cell and wifi. But on CM11 the wifi icon would change to have a line running through it. I think its the same but with different icons. Both would act the same but both seems to have no advert effect for me tho.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread