Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

Original charger charging at half speed?

OP filthygoat223996

12th May 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #1  
filthygoat223996's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Recently my original charger only charges at 700ma vs the original 1200-1300 ma before. Now my phone charges half as fast, which is an annoyance but not a huge problem. Anyone got any ideas?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
I had the same problem from day 1 when i received the phone. I contacted Google and they wanted me to send them the complete set of phone and box to send me a replacement. I simply used an older usb charger that came with my older phone.

I think its a quality or defect problem.
12th May 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 153
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthygoat223996

Recently my original charger only charges at 700ma vs the original 1200-1300 ma before. Now my phone charges half as fast, which is an annoyance but not a huge problem. Anyone got any ideas?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Just out of curiosity, how are you measuring the current draw?

Sent from my Nexus 5
12th May 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
filthygoat223996's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo15

Just out of curiosity, how are you measuring the current draw?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Using battery monitor widget

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #5  
toxicpaulution's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 371
 
1,836 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Even on my s4 charger that's a 2.1 I am only pulling max at 1500 -.-

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 153
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthygoat223996

Using battery monitor widget

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Really? How do you see the "absolute" input current? I thought bmw only showed the difference between the charge and drain currents...

Sent from my Nexus 5
13th May 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 170
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution

Even on my s4 charger that's a 2.1 I am only pulling max at 1500 -.-

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is normal and avoids damaging the circuitry

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank