Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] original development and android dev

Tip us?

tal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] original development and android dev

Hi,

I previously owned a galaxy s2, and then a galaxy s4, and on both of these devices forums the difference between the original dev and android dev sub forums was the on the original there were mainly(if not only) AOSP roms, and on the original there were only Touchwiz roms. however it seems on the nexus all of the roms are AOSP.

Can someone kindly explain what are the differences ?

Thanks

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal123 View Post
Hi,

I previously owned a galaxy s2, and then a galaxy s4, and on both of these devices forums the difference between the original dev and android dev sub forums was the on the original there were mainly(if not only) AOSP roms, and on the original there were only Touchwiz roms. however it seems on the nexus all of the roms are AOSP.

Can someone kindly explain what are the differences ?

Thanks
Look here http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-more-devices/.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1,398
I had the same question when I came over to the Nexus 5. Apparently, the Original Android Development is based on AOSP. And Android Development is based on Original Android Development. I dont really get why they are separated either since they all work for all Nexus 5 devices. But it is what it is.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
That explains it a little better

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,413
Please search before posting. This has been asked and answered a lot in the Nexus 5 forum and every other device forum.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.