FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[Q] Original screen protection

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By ZzKrackzZ, Member on 5th February 2014, 10:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I have scratched my screen, i take care and we have Gorilla Glass 3.

So, is there an original screen protection on the Nexus 5?

It was happened to me with a Xperia.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
 
 
5th February 2014, 10:14 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
the gorilla glass just isn't as good as others for some reason, my galaxy s4 i had for months which i treat worst than my nexus still has no scratches at all on the display not even a hairline, but i got them on my nexus 5 screen in first 2 days some how
5th February 2014, 10:32 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystertom101

the gorilla glass just isn't as good as others for some reason, my galaxy s4 i had for months which i treat worst than my nexus still has no scratches at all on the display not even a hairline, but i got them on my nexus 5 screen in first 2 days some how

s4 and n5 are both gorilla glass 3, shouldn't be a difference. probably just bad luck in the first 2 days
5th February 2014, 11:20 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I think that there is a very good stuck screen protection.
5th February 2014, 11:34 AM |#5  
Mr hOaX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,030
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKrackzZ

Hello,

I have scratched my screen, i take care and we have Gorilla Glass 3.

So, is there an original screen protection on the Nexus 5?

It was happened to me with a Xperia.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Hi mate,

There is no such official screen protector available
Google provides with nexus 5 cases

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 01:46 PM |#6  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKrackzZ

Hello,

I have scratched my screen, i take care and we have Gorilla Glass 3.

So, is there an original screen protection on the Nexus 5?

It was happened to me with a Xperia.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Use this http://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Protect...spigen+nexus+5

Gorilla glass is a marketing gimmick.
5th February 2014, 02:07 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thanks all but it's not my question. If the screen scratchs easily, I think that Google stick a pre-installed screen protection, isn't it?
5th February 2014, 02:27 PM |#8  
dicecuber's Avatar
Senior Member
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Sony did too

Sent from my Nexus 5
5th February 2014, 02:29 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber

Sony did too

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes! I had it on my Xperia Arc S. So, is it the same with the Nexus 5?
Last edited by ZzKrackzZ; 5th February 2014 at 02:34 PM.
5th February 2014, 05:04 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 636
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKrackzZ

Yes! I had it on my Xperia Arc S. So, is it the same with the Nexus 5?

except you have the words "nexus5" across the screen protector. its pretty good still if you don't mind the words on the screen protector
6th February 2014, 12:25 AM |#11  
Member
Flag Bangalore, Karnataka
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKrackzZ

Thanks all but it's not my question. If the screen scratchs easily, I think that Google stick a pre-installed screen protection, isn't it?

pre installed screen protector is not really a protector, just a piece of plastic which can't resist scratches much. you're better off with a 3rd party screen protector.

And LG coats the screen with a proprietary layers of oleophobic coating, etc etc during manufacturing so that is what you touch when you use the phone naked. Also this doesn't offer protection.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes