Ok so I'm going to sideload myself. Been a while so I just want to confirm the process so I don't screw up.
I'm using TWRP
Obviously I'll do a NANdroid and probably Titanium as well.
1) Unlock bootloader with Bootunlocker
2) Connect device to PC
3) Boot into TWRP recovery and go to Advanced > ADB Sideload
4) type adb sideload update.zip (or whatever I call the file)
5) reboot device and check if it's working
6) reboot to recovery and reflash superuser.zip
I think that's it. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? If I'm right it should then be updated, rooted and in the same state before I updated.