Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone here owning Xperia X10 before

Tip us?

riginal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 730
Default Anyone here owning Xperia X10 before

Hi, this may sound a bit stupid but here it goes

I have a Xperia X10 & I'm looking for a new device, I want to choose between LG G2 & Nexus 5, now my primary option is Nexus 5, however I'm worried about the battery life

I checked threads regarding battery life but different users, different settings, different results......

So I want to know if anyone here has owned Xperia X10 before, how's the battery life comparing to X10? becuase I really need it to be at least the same as X10

Thanks a lot, appreciate it
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i - CM7ZMOD
- Asus Transformer TF300TG - Stock ICS
----------------------------------------
Evidently madam, you and l differ greatly in our conception of beauty. What l just witnessed was ghastlier than a thousand ghouls!

tangosierra_
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Obviously both are much better than x10. In fact everything about both phones are better than the x10. You are talking about a 2013 device versus a 2010 device...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices:
Current - LG Nexus 5, franco.Kernel r11, Cataclysm ROM
Current Tablet - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II, CyanogenMod 10.1 Unofficial
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, CyanogenMod 7.2 Unofficial, spoilt battery
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S, Stock 4.1.B.0.587, lost back cover, spoilt microUSB port
HTC HD2, NexusHD CM10.2
Apple iPad 3 - iOS 6.0 Jailbroken

Minimalistic Holo Blue Whatsapp+ Theme
Nexus One boot animation for Nexus 5
How to Change DPI?
The Following User Says Thank You to tangosierra_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 370
I owned one and thought it ran well with the battery. But my Nexus 5 beats it by a mile. The battery sucked though running timeline I think it used to be called on the x10. Get the nexus 5 over the g2. Automatic updates and multiple network choices. Battery will be better. I would be surprised if it was worse.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Lee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1602
If you're worried about battery, before I put my phone on charge last night it was on 6% battery. It had been unplugged for 2 days and had 5 hours on the screen, as well as voice calls and making a twrp backup

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riginal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 730
Thanks for your responses

I know nexus 5 beats X10 in every aspect, but my main concern is battery life, I'm not heavy user at all, but I'm always connected to wifi, I don't do web browsing in phone but use wifi for social apps like whatsapp and some other apps, not much music or video, but I frequently use camera & offline gps navigation, right now I hardly get a full day with my X10, I used to get more than one day not sure if it was because I now use the phone heavier or my battery is dying after three years of use

Anyways from what I've read, both nexus 5 & lg g2 had (& stil have) software issues but I know I can trust Google better to fix them & I'd really love to own a Nexus for the first time
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i - CM7ZMOD
- Asus Transformer TF300TG - Stock ICS
----------------------------------------
Evidently madam, you and l differ greatly in our conception of beauty. What l just witnessed was ghastlier than a thousand ghouls!

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1602
Go for it

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]