Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PA Immersive Mode + Notifications?

Tip us?

jwood55812
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default PA Immersive Mode + Notifications?

So I'm a recent covert to PA, using immersive mode with PIE and loving it! My only gripe though is without the status bar, there's no quick way to get to any new notifications without swiping down once to show the status bar, and then again to show the notification shade.

On the lock screen i tried using DashClock in expanded mode so i can just click on the notification from there, but i find that annoying because then you have to hold the lock icon to unlock the screen? How do you guys do it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood55812 View Post
On the lock screen i tried using DashClock in expanded mode so i can just click on the notification from there, but i find that annoying because then you have to hold the lock icon to unlock the screen? How do you guys do it?
You swipe up the lock icon to minimize an expanded Widget (You expand it by swiping down).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

jwood55812
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVyUs View Post
You swipe up the lock icon to minimize an expanded Widget (You expand it by swiping down).
And that works fine, I guess I was looking for a one touch solution. In reality, pulling down the shade and choosing the notification was two touches, and so is pulling down to expand, and then choosing the notification is two as well, so that's not bad, but still trying to find a solution from the home screen or other apps.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood55812 View Post
still trying to find a solution from the home screen or other apps.
You can use DashClock Widget on the home screen too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Why don't you just use immersive mode with the status bar visible? Its a setting behind the quick toggle for immersive mode. Set it to Nav Bar only.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jwood55812
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Why don't you just use immersive mode with the status bar visible? Its a setting behind the quick toggle for immersive mode. Set it to Nav Bar only.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I actually just figured this out last night...working perfectly for what I need!