Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Painfully slow charging

Tip us?

Tornado54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Painfully slow charging

My Nexus 5 was updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago. Since yesterday I am noticing problems with the charging. My phone only charged 50% over 8 hours. I am using the OEM wall charger with OEM cable.

I downloaded the battery monitor widget and it shows charge at 292ma I even tried switching the phone off but that didn't help either. Do i need to RMA the phone? I would have preferred not doing that as I just applied a glass screen protector but if I have no other choice I guess I will just have to suck it up and do it.

ChristianLetti
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado54 View Post
My Nexus 5 was updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago. Since yesterday I am noticing problems with the charging. My phone only charged 50% over 8 hours. I am using the OEM wall charger with OEM cable.

I downloaded the battery monitor widget and it shows charge at 292ma I even tried switching the phone off but that didn't help either. Do i need to RMA the phone? I would have preferred not doing that as I just applied a glass screen protector but if I have no other choice I guess I will just have to suck it up and do it.
My guess it's probably the charger.
Try pluging it to the computer USB port, and also if does not work, try chaing the micro usb cable and test again using computer.
Device: Google Nexus 5
Kernel: Code_Blue by eng.stk
ROM: Purity - (Cl3Kener)

Tornado54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried two chargers and had the same issue with both. Will try the computer. I also did a hard data reset and the problem continues

coughfee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have experienced it too.. I charged more than 7 hours just to charge the phone 100%. Any idea whats going on? I have factory reset it

Quote:

Diabloooz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same issue is happening to me also after upgrading my nexus5 to 4.4.3
I noticed the charging is painfully slow (it's even slower than charging the phone using USB cable from a computer / laptop).

Standard ROM, OEM charger.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:

Does it say charging USB or charging AC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32