Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Painfully slow charging

OP Tornado54

12th June 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
My Nexus 5 was updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago. Since yesterday I am noticing problems with the charging. My phone only charged 50% over 8 hours. I am using the OEM wall charger with OEM cable.

I downloaded the battery monitor widget and it shows charge at 292ma I even tried switching the phone off but that didn't help either. Do i need to RMA the phone? I would have preferred not doing that as I just applied a glass screen protector but if I have no other choice I guess I will just have to suck it up and do it.
12th June 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 25

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado54

My Nexus 5 was updated to 4.4.3 a few days ago. Since yesterday I am noticing problems with the charging. My phone only charged 50% over 8 hours. I am using the OEM wall charger with OEM cable.

I downloaded the battery monitor widget and it shows charge at 292ma I even tried switching the phone off but that didn't help either. Do i need to RMA the phone? I would have preferred not doing that as I just applied a glass screen protector but if I have no other choice I guess I will just have to suck it up and do it.

My guess it's probably the charger.
Try pluging it to the computer USB port, and also if does not work, try chaing the micro usb cable and test again using computer.
12th June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
I tried two chargers and had the same issue with both. Will try the computer. I also did a hard data reset and the problem continues
12th June 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
I have experienced it too.. I charged more than 7 hours just to charge the phone 100%. Any idea whats going on? I have factory reset it

Quote:

12th June 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Same issue is happening to me also after upgrading my nexus5 to 4.4.3
I noticed the charging is painfully slow (it's even slower than charging the phone using USB cable from a computer / laptop).

Standard ROM, OEM charger.
12th June 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373

1,522 posts
More
Quote:

Does it say charging USB or charging AC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread