XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

System partition is almost full?

Tip us?

thor6577
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Default System partition is almost full?

For some reason, my system partition is close to full. I only change boot animations and right now I'm using the unmodified stock one. Running 4.4.2 stock deodexed and it started getting in the way of my boot animation ports. Any reasons of why the partition is low on space? I already deleted unneeded system apps like the Korean and Hindi keyboard stuff. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388374507996.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2482647  
My Devices:
Nexus 5
Running Stock ROM

LG-P999 G2X
Retired

Samsung Galaxy S ll T989
Rooted, Running on stock ROM, stock kernel 2.3.3

Nexus 7 2013 Tablet
Rooted, Running on PA 4.0 , 4.4.2, PA Kernel

Contributions
Boot Animations
It take 5 minutes to download and flash a ROM, but it only takes a few seconds to thank me.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7517
What? You've got nearly 400 MB free. There should be no problem here. How big are these boot animations? They must be ridiculous

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18103
omg!
you have plenty of space left. how are you ever going to use all that space? for what? you have the normal amount of space used and left.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577 View Post
For some reason, my system partition is close to full. I only change boot animations and right now I'm using the unmodified stock one. Running 4.4.2 stock deodexed and it started getting in the way of my boot animation ports. Any reasons of why the partition is low on space? I already deleted unneeded system apps like the Korean and Hindi keyboard stuff. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'm confused. You have almost 400mb free. How is that low on space? Here's mine, and I'm just stock rooted with no mods:

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18103
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor6577 View Post

btw, you can put your bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ instead of system/media/. this way the stay even after a rom flash, AND you have much more spece available there(whatever your space in your storage is).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

thor6577
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
What? You've got nearly 400 MB free. There should be no problem here. How big are these boot animations? They must be ridiculous

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Sorry guys. This was a mix of dyslexia and a faulty root explorer. Root explorer kept saying i had no space left and i could swear I
thought I saw it saw 300 KB instead of Mb. Sorry guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
omg!
you have plenty of space left. how are you ever going to use all that space? for what? you have the normal amount of space used and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
I'm confused. You have almost 400mb free. How is that low on space? Here's mine, and I'm just stock rooted with no mods:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
btw, you can put your bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ instead of system/media/. this way the stay even after a rom flash, AND you have much more spece available there(whatever your space in your storage is).

My Devices:
Nexus 5
Running Stock ROM

LG-P999 G2X
Retired

Samsung Galaxy S ll T989
Rooted, Running on stock ROM, stock kernel 2.3.3

Nexus 7 2013 Tablet
Rooted, Running on PA 4.0 , 4.4.2, PA Kernel

Contributions
Boot Animations
It take 5 minutes to download and flash a ROM, but it only takes a few seconds to thank me.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7517
Ahh

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.