Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Perma Brick?

Tip us?

neoneras
Old
(Last edited by neoneras; 17th February 2014 at 07:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Perma Brick?

My friend was running completely same setup of latest RastaKat + trinity kernel on N5. This morning device rebooted randomly with factory settings and reported Gallery and Camera stopped working after booting to Android, SIM card was not recognized and internal storage was unavailable. I tried to flash full stock firmware package, unfortunatly cache and userdata coudn't be erased/formated, flashing failed (tried force flash setting on recovery and flash manually as well).
Phone boots to same old RastaKat ROM after everything I've done to him.
I'm completely lost, is it a hardware fault or simple software incident? Any help appreciated and sorry for my English

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoneras View Post
My friend was running completely same setup of latest RastaKat + trinity kernel on N5. This morning device rebooted randomly with factory settings and reported Gallery and Camera stopped working after booting to Android, SIM card was not recognized and internal storage was unavailable. I tried to flash full stock firmware package, unfortunatly cache and userdata coudn't be erased/formated, flashing failed (tried force flash setting on recovery and flash manually as well).
Phone boots to same old after everything I've done to him.
I'm completely lost, is it a hardware fault or simple software incident? Any help appreciated and sorry for my English
Does the phone show up on the computer/device manager? if so, does it have the name it used to have?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Also, did you follow these methods 1&2? if you only did # 1, try # 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

neoneras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yep, it responds to fastboot commands with either success or failed responses. It shows in my computer under media devices but I can't access internal storage.

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Yep, it responds to fastboot commands with either success or failed responses. It shows in my computer under media devices but I can't access internal storage.
go to the link I posted above
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

neoneras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
on flashing bootloader I get:
Quote:
sending 'bootloader' (2508 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.287s]
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 0.487s

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,057
Quote:
Flash memory failure (emmc bug), i`am afraid there is nothing you can do anymore. The motherboard has to be replaced.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
put phone o fastboot mode and lock it typing
"fastboot oem lock"
if it doesn't work, It is pointing to bad emmc
The Following User Says Thank You to GUGUITOMTG4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neoneras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4 View Post
put phone o fastboot mode and lock it typing
"fastboot oem lock"
if it doesn't work, It is pointing to bad emmc
thanks for replies. Well, now only thing that's left is to convince warranty that is emmc problem and should be covered as warranty

Simonna
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Can you tell me pls if your friend used any toolkit on rooting his Nexus?
Because it's important to me to know,if so,I will be aware of toolkits like hot iron. xD
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth

neoneras
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
Can you tell me pls if your friend used any toolkit on rooting his Nexus?
Because it's important to me to know,if so,I will be aware of toolkits like hot iron. xD
no, original unlock and root was done using my own hands and terminal shell