Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Would you like personalized help with rooting / custom roms / mods?

OP es0tericcha0s

4th February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 586

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
At that point, it's easier to just root the stock rom and remove what you want with a root uninstaller or file manager with root access. Add in the Xposed Framework if you need any little extra tweaks without messing up anything that can't be resolved from removing the tweak and rebooting. Or there's a multitude of minimalist roms in the Development forum.
4th February 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

17 posts
I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.
4th February 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 586

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff658

I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.

The things that would get installed that you can't uninstall after it is booted are things you should not be able to do so at risk of messing with the phone's functionality, or worse. There aren't going to be any benefits of removing apps in recovery vs doing it while it is booted. If you really wanna go that route, just download a stock prerooted rom and use 7zip to remove whatever apps and files from the zip that you want before you put it on the phone to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 6

17 posts
Thank you very much.... I'll go that route....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread