FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Would you like personalized help with rooting / custom roms / mods?

3,324 posts
Thanks Meter: 636

By es0tericcha0s, Senior Member on 3rd February 2014, 03:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th February 2014, 09:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
At that point, it's easier to just root the stock rom and remove what you want with a root uninstaller or file manager with root access. Add in the Xposed Framework if you need any little extra tweaks without messing up anything that can't be resolved from removing the tweak and rebooting. Or there's a multitude of minimalist roms in the Development forum.

4th February 2014, 09:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.
4th February 2014, 09:53 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff658

I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.

The things that would get installed that you can't uninstall after it is booted are things you should not be able to do so at risk of messing with the phone's functionality, or worse. There aren't going to be any benefits of removing apps in recovery vs doing it while it is booted. If you really wanna go that route, just download a stock prerooted rom and use 7zip to remove whatever apps and files from the zip that you want before you put it on the phone to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 09:54 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank you very much.... I'll go that route....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread