Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Would you like personalized help with rooting / custom roms / mods?

Tip us?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
At that point, it's easier to just root the stock rom and remove what you want with a root uninstaller or file manager with root access. Add in the Xposed Framework if you need any little extra tweaks without messing up anything that can't be resolved from removing the tweak and rebooting. Or there's a multitude of minimalist roms in the Development forum.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Sniff658
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff658 View Post
I understand that there a lot of ROMs to choose from.... I just wanted to make my own.....

The apps can deleted in recovery.... after the boot loader flashes system.img, boot straight to recovery, and delete away...

I wasn't knowledgeable enough to determine if the first boot of the ROM would install anything extra that would not delete after the boot. (Similar to windows registry)

Thanks for the quick answer..... much appreciated.
The things that would get installed that you can't uninstall after it is booted are things you should not be able to do so at risk of messing with the phone's functionality, or worse. There aren't going to be any benefits of removing apps in recovery vs doing it while it is booted. If you really wanna go that route, just download a stock prerooted rom and use 7zip to remove whatever apps and files from the zip that you want before you put it on the phone to flash.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sniff658
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you very much.... I'll go that route....