5,604,050 Members 48,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

'My phone number' showing as 00000000000?

Tip us?

x10man
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Default 'My phone number' showing as 00000000000?

Hi,
I bought my 32GB Black N5 unlocked from Google play, and upon installing a sim card, the 'My phone number' option in about phone simply shows eleven zeroes? This is preventing me from using the sim toolkit app, something I quite useful.
Anyone else experiencing this/know how to fix it? I have an unlocked boot loader, TWRP, Franco.kernel r24 and a rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM. I'm on T-Mobile UK. Other phone functions work completely fine.

Thanks,
X10man

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black (Current)
Nexus 7 2012 (RIP 2012-2013, cracked glass and digitiser, too expensive to replace)
Blackberry Curve 9320 (Rest in pieces, as I smashed you with a baseball bat for being so terrible. No clue why I bought one)
Xperia X10 Mini Pro (RIP 2010-2013, dead screen cable)

karlj38
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'd be interested to see what people suggest for solutions for this, my mum has this problem on her Xperia SP. Although for her it's not problematic problem as such, just an oddity.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7487
It just reads the number programmed onto the sim. You just need to get the number written to your sim and you're fine. Wide issue, well documented on the internet

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Braakie
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10man View Post
Hi,
I bought my 32GB Black N5 unlocked from Google play, and upon installing a sim card, the 'My phone number' option in about phone simply shows eleven zeroes? This is preventing me from using the sim toolkit app, something I quite useful.
Anyone else experiencing this/know how to fix it? I have an unlocked boot loader, TWRP, Franco.kernel r24 and a rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM. I'm on T-Mobile UK. Other phone functions work completely fine.

Thanks,
X10man

You can solve the problem with this app http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106490
“Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.”

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Device: Nexus 5 D821
TWRP: TWRP 2.7.0.0 Touch Recovery
Kernel: Purity Kernel
ROM: [KK 4.4.2] ? PURITY ?

Device: Galaxy Nexus I9250
TWRP: TWRP 2.5.0.0 Touch Recovery
Kernel: Fancy Kernel r39
ROM: [JB 4.3] ? PURITY ?

x10man
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
It just reads the number programmed onto the sim. You just need to get the number written to your sim and you're fine. Wide issue, well documented on the internet

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
That would probably explain it, this sim is a replacement for my original mini sim, as the phone would not accept it cut down.

Thanks, x10man

Nexus 7 2012 (RIP 2012-2013, cracked glass and digitiser, too expensive to replace)
Blackberry Curve 9320 (Rest in pieces, as I smashed you with a baseball bat for being so terrible. No clue why I bought one)

x10man
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braakie View Post
You can solve the problem with this app http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106490
Thanks, I'll try that

X10man