5,596,179 Members 33,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone app not appearing on incoming calls.

Tip us?

kamiller42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Question Phone app not appearing on incoming calls.

I'm using a Nexus 5 on Sprint with a rooted stock 4.4.2. When a call comes in and the display is off, a black screen appears. If the display is on, the phone application does not appear. I can't answer the phone! If start the phone app, it asks if I want to join current call, add another call and something else. None of the options do anything.

I have trying clearing the Phone apps's data and even Google Dialer's data and rebooting the phone. Does nothing.

How do I fix my phone app?

Andrew149
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiller42 View Post
I'm using a Nexus 5 on Sprint with a rooted stock 4.4.2. When a call comes in and the display is off, a black screen appears. If the display is on, the phone application does not appear. I can't answer the phone! If start the phone app, it asks if I want to join current call, add another call and something else. None of the options do anything.

I have trying clearing the Phone apps's data and even Google Dialer's data and rebooting the phone. Does nothing.

You can push a new image to your phone and reflash it.
Droid 1,Apple Iphone 4,Samsung Captivate,Motorola Atrix,Samsung Galaxy s2,Apple Iphone 4s,Samsung Galaxy s3,HTC One X+, Asus Nexus 7 2012,Samsung Galaxy Note 2,Samsung Galaxy S4,Nexus 5

Current Devices-Nexus 7 2013, Note 3.

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Factory Reset and try and if not then flash factory image and go 100% stock - no root.

ruinses
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiller42 View Post

I have the same issue.
I contacted yesterday, Google and the LG customer service center.
This issue not been reported, was advised factory reset or device replacement.
I replaced the device, because it is already factory reset.
Contact Google and LG.
There is no other way, but not understood.