Can't Use My Phone with CM11 For Developing

Search This thread
Nov 29, 2012
Hi to all, I wanto to use my CM11 nesus 5 for developing but I've run in a problem. I've activated developer mode on the phone but when I try to start my application from Eclipse I get the attached screen, and the button at the end of the window is disabled, so I can launch my app. other devices with stock android works. CM version is: 11-20140702-NIGHTLY-hammerhead

anyone have a solution?

Attachments

• deviceselect_zps23f226a7.png
    deviceselect_zps23f226a7.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 76

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Run another ROM? Dat simple, it isn't like all people use CM or even custom roms. IMO, you should be testing dev progress under stock Android.

Anyways... Can you connect to your device through ADB? Do you have the very latest version of the sdk?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I used Eclipse this weekend with the 08-18 nightly and my device was correctly recognized.

Try this:
• Reboot your phone
• Disable then enable usb debugging
• Close Eclipse, kill then relaunch adb server
• Do not use a 3.0 usb port
• Did u validate the warning pop up? ("Allow USB debugging?")

Nov 29, 2012
Run another ROM? Dat simple, it isn't like all people use CM or even custom roms. IMO, you should be testing dev progress under stock Android.

Anyways... Can you connect to your device through ADB? Do you have the very latest version of the sdk?

in case of a production app, of course but it's for educational purpose and the nexus 5 stock rom is pretty unusable in everyday life

sure, last version. I did not completly understand what do you mean with "connect to your device through ADB"

I used Eclipse this weekend with the 08-18 nightly and my device was correctly recognized.

Try this:
• Reboot your phone
• Disable then enable usb debugging
• Close Eclipse, kill then relaunch adb server
• Do not use a 3.0 usb port
• Did u validate the warning pop up? ("Allow USB debugging?")

already tried, no result

bm19981217

Jun 5, 2014
I think he was asking if your phone is shown correctly in ADB devices and can be used with ADB (ADB push etc.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
if you are developing apps for android, then cm would be a terrible rom to use. stock android and aosp android use the same base, the same thats in the aosp source. cm doesnt use it, cm bases on CAF. if you get apps working on cm, it doesnt mean that they will work on android. and of the user base, cm is a very small percentage. if i wanted to get an app out to as many people as possible, id use stock or aosp android.

and why do you say stock is unusable? its extremely usable, no issues with it, it runs great. maybe you were doing something wrong?

Nov 29, 2012
I think he was asking if your phone is shown correctly in ADB devices and can be used with ADB (ADB push etc.)

how can I check this?

if you are developing apps for android, then cm would be a terrible rom to use. stock android and aosp android use the same base, the same thats in the aosp source. cm doesnt use it, cm bases on CAF. if you get apps working on cm, it doesnt mean that they will work on android. and of the user base, cm is a very small percentage. if i wanted to get an app out to as many people as possible, id use stock or aosp android.

You're right, but as I said, it's just for educational purpose, it's a university project.

and why do you say stock is unusable? its extremely usable, no issues with it, it runs great. maybe you were doing something wrong?

A small example: if you want to disable wifi on the stock, you have to: pull down the notification window, tap on the upper right corner to show the shortcuts, tap on wifi icon, it opens the wifi section of the settings, and then you can disable it. With cm I pull down and tap the wifi icon. I can also customize all the shortcut. however I think we are going off topic :p

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
jow can I check this?

You're right, but as I said, it's just for educational purpose, it's a university project.

A small example: if you want to disable wifi on the stock, you have to: pull down the notification window, tap on the upper right corner to show the shortcuts, tap on wifi icon, it opens the wifi section of the settings, and then you can disable it. With cm I pull down and tap the wifi icon. I can also customize all the shortcut. however I think we are going off topic :p

ill be honest, my n5 never booted up stock even once. first time my phone booted was after rooting and installing rastakat rom and trinity kernel, l only then i let my phone for the first time. but i never thought about that, as it always was an option for me ;)

Last edited:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる

Pull it down with two fingers, long press WiFi tile. Stock isn't as bad as you think, you just don't know how it works.