Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Can't Use My Phone with CM11 For Developing

18th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi to all, I wanto to use my CM11 nesus 5 for developing but I've run in a problem. I've activated developer mode on the phone but when I try to start my application from Eclipse I get the attached screen, and the button at the end of the window is disabled, so I can launch my app. other devices with stock android works. CM version is: 11-20140702-NIGHTLY-hammerhead

anyone have a solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deviceselect_zps23f226a7.png
Views:	76
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	2902064  
19th August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,127

4,646 posts
More
Run another ROM? Dat simple, it isn't like all people use CM or even custom roms. IMO, you should be testing dev progress under stock Android.

Anyways... Can you connect to your device through ADB? Do you have the very latest version of the sdk?
19th August 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Annecy
Thanks Meter: 2,302

4,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
I used Eclipse this weekend with the 08-18 nightly and my device was correctly recognized.

Try this:
• Reboot your phone
• Disable then enable usb debugging
• Close Eclipse, kill then relaunch adb server
• Do not use a 3.0 usb port
• Did u validate the warning pop up? ("Allow USB debugging?")
19th August 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201

Run another ROM? Dat simple, it isn't like all people use CM or even custom roms. IMO, you should be testing dev progress under stock Android.

Anyways... Can you connect to your device through ADB? Do you have the very latest version of the sdk?

in case of a production app, of course but it's for educational purpose and the nexus 5 stock rom is pretty unusable in everyday life

sure, last version. I did not completly understand what do you mean with "connect to your device through ADB"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

I used Eclipse this weekend with the 08-18 nightly and my device was correctly recognized.

Try this:
Reboot your phone
Disable then enable usb debugging
Close Eclipse, kill then relaunch adb server
Do not use a 3.0 usb port
Did u validate the warning pop up? ("Allow USB debugging?")

already tried, no result
20th August 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
I think he was asking if your phone is shown correctly in ADB devices and can be used with ADB (ADB push etc.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,591

25,969 posts
if you are developing apps for android, then cm would be a terrible rom to use. stock android and aosp android use the same base, the same thats in the aosp source. cm doesnt use it, cm bases on CAF. if you get apps working on cm, it doesnt mean that they will work on android. and of the user base, cm is a very small percentage. if i wanted to get an app out to as many people as possible, id use stock or aosp android.

and why do you say stock is unusable? its extremely usable, no issues with it, it runs great. maybe you were doing something wrong?
20th August 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217

I think he was asking if your phone is shown correctly in ADB devices and can be used with ADB (ADB push etc.)

how can I check this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

if you are developing apps for android, then cm would be a terrible rom to use. stock android and aosp android use the same base, the same thats in the aosp source. cm doesnt use it, cm bases on CAF. if you get apps working on cm, it doesnt mean that they will work on android. and of the user base, cm is a very small percentage. if i wanted to get an app out to as many people as possible, id use stock or aosp android.

You're right, but as I said, it's just for educational purpose, it's a university project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

and why do you say stock is unusable? its extremely usable, no issues with it, it runs great. maybe you were doing something wrong?

A small example: if you want to disable wifi on the stock, you have to: pull down the notification window, tap on the upper right corner to show the shortcuts, tap on wifi icon, it opens the wifi section of the settings, and then you can disable it. With cm I pull down and tap the wifi icon. I can also customize all the shortcut. however I think we are going off topic
Last edited by jack_the_beast; 21st August 2014 at 08:06 AM.
20th August 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,591

25,969 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_beast

jow can I check this?

You're right, but as I said, it's just for educational purpose, it's a university project.

A small example: if you want to disable wifi on the stock, you have to: pull down the notification window, tap on the upper right corner to show the shortcuts, tap on wifi icon, it opens the wifi section of the settings, and then you can disable it. With cm I pull down and tap the wifi icon. I can also customize all the shortcut. however I think we are going off topic

ill be honest, my n5 never booted up stock even once. first time my phone booted was after rooting and installing rastakat rom and trinity kernel, l only then i let my phone for the first time. but i never thought about that, as it always was an option for me
Last edited by simms22; 21st August 2014 at 02:14 AM.
21st August 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #9  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 1,758

3,046 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_beast

Pull it down with two fingers, long press WiFi tile. Stock isn't as bad as you think, you just don't know how it works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread