Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone is not connecting to wifi, what do i do ?

OP dayle_fernandes

10th April 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.
10th April 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,301

8,960 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle_fernandes

I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.

Try flashing the stock kernel (boot.img) in fastboot and see if it works then or reboot the modem/router first. If it does its probably a kernel issue. Have you looked in the Franco kernel thread if other users have the wifi issue too.
Last edited by gee2012; 10th April 2014 at 12:32 PM.
10th April 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I tried using the stock kernel, the situation remained the same. Shall I re flash stock (factory reset) and try again??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th April 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,301

8,960 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle_fernandes

I tried using the stock kernel, the situation remained the same. Shall I re flash stock (factory reset) and try again??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sure, you could try that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread