Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone is not connecting to wifi, what do i do ?

Tip us?

dayle_fernandes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone is not connecting to wifi, what do i do ?

I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 10th April 2014 at 11:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle_fernandes View Post
I'm using a nexus 5, running stock rom and Franco kernel. I've noticed that my phone just doesn't seem to find wifi networks. It automatically connects to few known networks, but when I try to connect to new networks, my phone refuses to find the network. I know the network is discoverable since my laptop and other devices connect to it. Is there anything I could do to prevent it from happening?? I tried wiping cache but nothing happened.
Try flashing the stock kernel (boot.img) in fastboot and see if it works then or reboot the modem/router first. If it does its probably a kernel issue. Have you looked in the Franco kernel thread if other users have the wifi issue too.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel

dayle_fernandes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried using the stock kernel, the situation remained the same. Shall I re flash stock (factory reset) and try again??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle_fernandes View Post
I tried using the stock kernel, the situation remained the same. Shall I re flash stock (factory reset) and try again??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sure, you could try that
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel